Muskoka dry bottle possible apothycare bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jfoude

Reaction score
I have opened up 3 floor boards and have found about 50 bottles so far. Nothing really rare yet but definately some cool finds. This bottle of what i beleive to be aftershave is interesting since there were no shops of bellefountaine in the area

Attachments

• 15880847774802806086114929810087.jpg
    15880847774802806086114929810087.jpg
    820.7 KB · Views: 213

RCO

Reaction score
I have opened up 3 floor boards and have found about 50 bottles so far. Nothing really rare yet but definately some cool finds. This bottle of what i beleive to be aftershave is interesting since there were no shops of bellefountaine in the area

I've never really dug up in old barn or seen what was under the floor boards of one . I imagine there is at least a few interesting items there waiting to be found , keep us posted if anything appears

JKL

Reaction score
ok it definitely would not of been sold in that area , so someone traveled to muskoka and brought some home with them and obviously never returned the bottles as it be too far

your area had its own ginger ale bottler , in Cobourg is bottles from a company called " davern ginger ale " and " Cobourg bottling works "
I have a clear davern bottle and is a rare painted label green 7 oz bottle too , never seen the Cobourg bottling works bottle but pretty sure one exists , also some bottlers located in Port Hope back then
There was a bottler in Kingston that also was named Brown's Beverages. Maybe this was one of their ginger ale bottles. The BB on the bottom and Cobourg makes me think it's that bottler vesus Gravenhurst. Maybe.

JKL

Reaction score
There was a bottler in Kingston that also was named Brown's Beverages. Maybe this was one of their ginger ale bottles. The BB on the bottom and Cobourg makes me think it's that bottler vesus Gravenhurst. Maybe.
I see the bottle says Muskoka on the neck!

RCO

Reaction score

I don't know much about the Kingston Browns bottle , but he didn't use the same bottle and only operated for a brief period in the 50's according to book

Jfoude

Reaction score
Interesting to say the least. Im sure i will find more interesting finds that could answer some questions eventually

JKL

Reaction score
I don't know much about the Kingston Browns bottle , but he didn't use the same bottle and only operated for a brief period in the 50's according to book
RCO, I was working through some of the new bottles I picked up this past week and came across this one. I'm making note of it because it is a bottler I had not heard of before from Smith Falls. Barker Brothers. Nice little clear embossed 7 oz bottle. Why I bring it up is because of the BB on base. The Muskoka bottle may very well still be Browns from Gravenhurst but the BB on this Smith Falls bottle is interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_0333.JPG
    IMG_0333.JPG
    851.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    739.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
RCO, I was working through some of the new bottles I picked up this past week and came across this one. I'm making note of it because it is a bottler I had not heard of before from Smith Falls. Barker Brothers. Nice little clear embossed 7 oz bottle. Why I bring it up is because of the BB on base. The Muskoka bottle may very well still be Browns from Gravenhurst but the BB on this Smith Falls bottle is interesting.

Barker Brothers was a small bottler in Smith falls , not very familiar with it but it is listed in the book as 1928-1940 . have seen it before but not a common bottle to find .

Smith Falls seems like a small town but I think back then it was bigger or at least more important , more industry and people from other smaller towns would of went there to buy things so it had a couple different bottlers

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen