My 12 year old REALLY wants to go on a dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hello, Keith Dunlap here.I will try to make this post as short as possible. I lived in Landover, MD till I was 16. I started digging and finding dumps at about 11 years of age. My family moved to OK in 1976 when I was 16 and though I tried here, there ended my bottle digging. I am now 52, and still have the FIRE for it and thru stories told to my kids, my youngest has a " bottle diggin jones' himself. He just turned 12 and his name is Noah. SO, to the point; we are taking a vacation to Beaumont, NC to arrive August 4th and we will be taking I-40 all the way there. So, we will be passing by Nashville, Lebenon, crossville, Knoxville, Newport, Ashville, Morgantown, Hickory, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Hillsbouro, Durham, Goldsboro, Smithville, Kinston, New Born, Havelock, Newport and all the points along I-40 I know not of!
My request is, if there is anyone along this route that has a diggin spot thay would be willing to share for a few hours with me and my son or (sons),I have 3, I would be very grateful for the chance and Noah would be MORE than grateful. Ofcourse I would be willing to pay for your time and knowledge of the spot. Preferably, the dump would be pre Blown in mold bottles, as my son(s) are a bit knowledgeable about it. I just want to give my son the experience and thrill of finding whole bottles and of-course the let-down of finding the bottom broke off a good one, you know, the hunt!
So, if you fit the bill, please contact me. It would be the week of July 30-August 3. Thanks for reading and your time.
Respectfully, Keith Dunlap

Reaction score
TTT Anyone? I'm a pharmacist and a normal well adjusted human being looking to make my youngest sons' wish to dig come true as we are going to the East Coast. If we fing a super good one you can have it.
Respectfully Keith dunlap

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That's an interesting request there Kieth. I can see you plight with the broad expanse being somewhat limited for earlier bottles in OK. I'm a bit further north (New England) and I haven't dug for a long time.
Tell me more please? Did you marry a younger woman with kids or start having kids late?
Either way is fine with me, if anything, I'm just jealous. [:)] or [:'(] or [:eek:] or... Kind of limited with the emoticons here.
Anyway, welcome and good luck.

Reaction score
Yes, I started marriage and kids late. My youngest was born when I was 39 1/2, and yes my wife if 7 years younger than I. Just happened that way. I like to say I
took my retirement in my 20's![:D] Thats kinda true, I graduated from college in 1982, which if you don't remember, we were in huge economic depression, and
ended up working about any low end job one could think of. At 26, I deciced I
had better make a move, and went to Pharmacy School.
I told the youngest I would try to do this, probably waited too long. OH, IF MY ONE MESSAGE DIDN'T SHOW, I MEANT PRE-MACHINE MADE DUMP, you know 1880's-1890's. I looked at it and thought, dang I'm asking to dig someones' colonial site[8|].
I lived outside DC and had a little older friend (also named Keith) whos'
father worked at the National Archives.The first dig he took us to a wooded
hillside next to Georgetown University. All 1880-1890s stuff but caught the fever
BAD. Found 3 or 4 more dumps very near my home over the next couple years
(good stories I think), and dad retired and off to OK in 1976....

madman

Reaction score
there are no dumps of that age in knoxville and newport

Reaction score
To the top.....We leave Monday AM. We'll be in Tenn. a couple of days and NC 2-3 days.Hoping for some new poster to see this. Any suggestions to other web sites?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4