My A&W Root Beer Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
I remember the foil packaging well. I was fortunate enough to have an older sister and brother who both drove and where else would teenage drivers hang out other than the local A&W. So I was always talking one or the other into taking me with them. Went to A&W for supper then off to the drive in theater on Friday nights. Love the mug collection. I think I have a couple packed away somewhere.

I wish I knew my cousin better, but it just worked that way…. But she owned 4 A & W’s in Reno, back thru that era! Last time I saw her- wait- went to see her but she had to fly her plane to Africa to kill stuff, so wasn’t home-besides, over on the next hill (each house gets a hill and there were 2 overlooking Reno) stuffed dead African animals posed oddly…. Looking at me, like “help me”. Bullet holes in the front room massive window- next hill neighbor is mafia and they shoot at him on the regular…. She would have some stuff! When we ever spent time, way back, she was only a waitress and she was more approachable like real people …. Oh but I’d love to look out in her shed
!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jstorm

Reaction score
Yea, I've seen that before, got parts of it in my computer. Glad you brought that up it's such a great resource, I'll have to revisit that again and refresh my old memory! Thanks for the comments and the link!
Badass awesome story and photos. I haven't got all my root beer stuff together yet. I love Orange Crush and any root beer stuff. Nothing great but here's some of my root beer stuff. I'm always organizing.
20211222_212726.jpg

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Yes, I have similar memories too. Along with a few of those old mugs. My favs were the orange logo with the arrow through it and the young ladies on roller skates. :)

WildCat, You and yours are the stuff history should remember. --Makes me want to visit Reno. The most interesting action seems to be in the hills. (I'll bring a vest.)

Last edited:

Bad3555

Reaction score
Badass awesome story and photos. I haven't got all my root beer stuff together yet. I love Orange Crush and any root beer stuff. Nothing great but here's some of my root beer stuff. I'm always organizing. View attachment 233287
What a great collection , I could look at this all day! Thanks so much for posting!

Bad3555

Reaction score
I wish I knew my cousin better, but it just worked that way…. But she owned 4 A & W’s in Reno, back thru that era! Last time I saw her- wait- went to see her but she had to fly her plane to Africa to kill stuff, so wasn’t home-besides, over on the next hill (each house gets a hill and there were 2 overlooking Reno) stuffed dead African animals posed oddly…. Looking at me, like “help me”. Bullet holes in the front room massive window- next hill neighbor is mafia and they shoot at him on the regular…. She would have some stuff! When we ever spent time, way back, she was only a waitress and she was more approachable like real people …. Oh but I’d love to look out in her shed
!

Incredible story, I can just imagine what she may have in her shed or storage, maybe you should give her a call!

Jstorm

Reaction score
Incredible story, I can just imagine what she may have in her shed or storage, maybe you should give her a call!
Wow. Sounds like my uncle back in day in Michigan! Wanted to give me 20 acres to build a house on. He hated everyone and everyone hated him. Bullets flying everywhere. I can relate somewhat. Great story!

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score

I was thinking about that-and, well…your right! Almost all my immediate family is gone- I should track her down. I think she moved to Idaho, was it? I’ll check into that.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese