My best find!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

KentOhio

Reaction score
There's one at an antique shop near me. It has a hole and crack on the front, but does have its original lid. I don't know what they want for it.

bottlediger

Reaction score
If its rather cheep I would get it just for the lid it would bring up the value quite a bit on that one tony has

Digger Ry

Tony14

Reaction score
Thanks you guys!

Hey brian, if you happen to get out to that antique shop you should check what there asking for it and let me know

still cant believe that i dug this [:)]

Wilkie

Reaction score
This is a pretty interesting thread. Great looking jar too. Anyone know the history of it? How 'bout the age? I'm guessing early 1900's. Makes me want to go out and dig some TOC dumps.

Tony14

Reaction score
well the dump i dug it in dates 1890 to about the mid 1930's, i would guess its late 20's early 30's but im not sure.

beendiggin

Reaction score
That's why digging a 1920's or newer dump is a good idea. This is the kind of find you're looking for! Great find, I had no idea they were worth that much. I've never seen one before. Where were they made and for how long I wonder?

newtothebottleworld

Reaction score
The Red Book Of Fruit Jars has these listed.RB#10 says 1000 and up with the lid.Like capsoda said i have seen these sell for more than that and also less than that amount.Great Find!

Tony14

Reaction score
wow thanks everyone!!!

Not sure how long these were produced...someone will be around sooner or later with the answer [:)]

Wilkie

Reaction score
Because of the shape I'm betting a lot of these got broken, I can imagine trying to get peanut butter out of there and trying to hold onto it with the other hand, it was probably a cumbersome task. Or were these made strictly as promotional items without the pb inside?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter