My=Coca Co,a very dark day for bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

fer_de_lance

Reaction score
My Coca Co Lexington,KY ,a new addition to my Coke Knock-off collection. I think this is the darkest glass I have ever seen for a crown finished bottle. I always thought nothing could match an example of a black Kummel bear that I have which is not the typical dark green but a very dark reddish purple when held up to sun light,but this is crazy dark amber. Along with it are some marbles and a aqua insulator from a recent creek bank dig. The hood ornament and Indian head discs are from an old Pontiac that one of my uncles crashed and parked by a cow pond on the farm many years ago .Whiskey bottle+brand new car=Hey Oak tree you're in my way

Tim

88E73B05C78E4829BCDF87DAB0D730BC.jpg

Attachments

• 88E73B05C78E4829BCDF87DAB0D730BC.jpg
    88E73B05C78E4829BCDF87DAB0D730BC.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 81

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
f_d_l

Neat bottle. In case you haven't seen this yet, here's a link to how bottle colors were achieved, including various shades of amber.

http://www.sha.org/bottle/colors.htm#Amber

celerycola

Reaction score
Most of the Lexington KY My-Coca's bottles were dark to very dark amber. The lightest I've seen is still a ways from a honey amber. There are several different molds of the Lexington My-Coca in amber and aqua. I have nineteen My-Coca bottles from various towns and ten are amber. Their bottle label and advertising used the slogan "Made from the Original Coca-Cola Formula" and this was proven in Court with even Asa Candler giving bitter testimony. One of the bottles has embossed in the glass "Made from the Original Coca-Cola Formula". There were several other drinks that can be traced to the same original Coca-Cola formula.
ORIGINAL: fer_de_lance

My Coca Co Lexington,KY ,a new addition to my Coke Knock-off collection. I think this is the darkest glass I have ever seen for a crown finished bottle. I always thought nothing could match an example of a black Kummel bear that I have which is not the typical dark green but a very dark reddish purple when held up to sun light,but this is crazy dark amber. Along with it are some marbles and a aqua insulator from a recent creek bank dig. The hood ornament and Indian head discs are from an old Pontiac that one of my uncles crashed and parked by a cow pond on the farm many years ago .Whiskey bottle+brand new car=Hey Oak tree you're in my way

Tim

fer_de_lance

Reaction score
thanks for the info.Are KolaWars books still available?

055283A4AEDD4AE1B38079A12B37F0C2.jpg

Attachments

• 055283A4AEDD4AE1B38079A12B37F0C2.jpg
    055283A4AEDD4AE1B38079A12B37F0C2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 78

celerycola

Reaction score
I have copies of Kolawars:Birmingham and Kolawars:Atlanta along with the Chero-Cola book. The Diva Brown / My-Coca book is being updated.

PM me off list.
ORIGINAL: fer_de_lance

thanks for the info.Are KolaWars books still available?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem