My collection after 1 year!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
You have some really nice bottles there Dylan, great work! So about that Dr. Reeder's bottle, how tall is it? I've seen them in 2 sizes but only have one. It was one of my "holy grail" local bottles before obtaining one. Not easy to come by.

Good luck with the continued growth of your collection!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Plummy the Reeder's is just shy of 8 inches tall. I knew it was a harder to find bottle since I have only seen the one you have and mine.

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Great start! Nice variety there and they all look real nice and clean. I try to be real picky about condition, but sometimes you have to take what you can get. I recently found a blob from VA that I had never seen but unfortunately it had a small crack, it will do until a better one comes up if it comes up.

tricycle

Reaction score
Nice Fairfield, Illinois, druggist bottle. Thanks for sharing!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
consider checking out local auctions for less expensive furniture (and just about everything else, for that matter!)... I'm an addict. To find auctions in your area, go to auctionzip.com and put in your zip code.
Nice bottles - lovely little ink and I love the color in the last picture!

MiamiMaritime

Reaction score
Nice collection.

Do you have a theme for the collection or what to collect a cretins type of bottles?

I'm a new collector too and everyone keeps telling me that I should focus. I am having a hard time with that and I just buy whatever I find that I like and does not seem overpriced.

Bottleworm

Reaction score
My main focus are bottles from Illinois. All of the bottles in the last pic I got for dirt cheap except for the bitters bottle. Also the one honey amber one my dad dug back in the day. It is your collection collect what you like and don't let other people interfere.
ORIGINAL: MiamiMaritime

Nice collection.

Do you have a theme for the collection or what to collect a cretins type of bottles?

I'm a new collector too and everyone keeps telling me that I should focus. I am having a hard time with that and I just buy whatever I find that I like and does not seem overpriced.

Also thanks everybody else for the nice comments!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Last month I picked up a pretty huge load of Peoria druggist and med bottles (added like 50 new ones to the collection and a rare dose glass, yay!) but I also picked up several quality duplicates with you in mind, if interested. Got a "Fisher's Quick cure for headache and neuralgia Peoria, ILL", a "Bowman's pectoral syrup Peoria, ILL" and a number of redundant druggists. I paid 4 bucks a piece for the bottles and would charge you the same if you're interested, but there's no pressure. Also have plenty of spare ones I've dug. I'll try to get the stuff organized if you'd like to meet up sometime and add more glass to your collection. Some stuff I value, but for many of the bottles I've dug so many duplicates that it would be a relief to just give them away and free up some space, lol.

Also, are you interested in all BIM locals or just certain types of bottles?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter