My Collection (looking for pricing info)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Wheelah23; I think you are in the wrong FORUM to get this type of information. Most of us are into bottles before the 20th Century. Our best help comes for bottles made before 1900. RED Matthews

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Yes, please Connor, calm down.. these are not valuable bottles.. millions of each were made, they are all over the place.. it will be a long time until they have value, you better dig a hole and bury them in a time capsule....

Wheelah23

Reaction score
That's all I've kept. I found upwards of 40 bottles total here, but most were too new so I recycled them. These were all found in a (now underwater) swampy area. My guess is that kids in the 60's, 70's, and 80's stole their parents' alchohol, snuck into the marsh, and partied. Afterward, they would've tossed the bottles into the bay to get rid of the evidence. Well, they've been found out... 40 years later [:D]

So are any of these bottles worth listing on eBay? If so, how much can I expect to get? I'm not really attached to these bottles, even though they're the first I found. I'd like to get some money so I can afford to look for older bottles elsewhere. If they're all worthless, I guess I'll keep them somewhere. I'd feel bad recycling these ones.

ajohn

Reaction score
Son,I will try to be as gentle as I can be in this situation....If you PM(click on my name and send me a personal message)me with your address I would be happy to send you one or two of my old bottle books so that you can get a better idea of what is collectible.
As for the bottles,...Do you have a BB gun?Anthony

Wheelah23

Reaction score
So you're saying not even the Wine bottle has any value? I know these are recent, but they're all I've found so far. [:mad:]

I guess I'll lock them in a box in my attic. Grrr...

NCdigger5

Reaction score
sorry bud, i wouldnt even bother keeping them. I think the best way for you to add to your collection if you having trouble finding areas to dig, is to look in local antique shops. I have bought many collectable bottles in antique shops for $3-5. A lot of antique shops dont know much about antique bottles so a lot of the times they have nice bottles for cheap prices. Also sometimes they have junky bottles selling for $25. Just go look around there if one want collectable bottles.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Don`t feel bad, my in-laws are always giving me worthless bottles for special occations(birthdays,Christmas).I don`t have the heart to toss em, so I have to put them in different areas of the house.I wish they would just give me cash.[&:]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Oh well, I guess they're going into the attic for 60 years...

I'm not going to buy bottles. I want to find them myself. If you have bottles that you didn't even find, what's the fun in that?

bottle_head9

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

Oh well, I guess they're going into the attic for 60 years...

I'm not going to buy bottles. I want to find them myself. If you have bottles that you didn't even find, what's the fun in that?
Possesion of a beautiful item that is your and only yours.[:)]

DIGS CHESCO

Reaction score
I may have emptied that Rollong Rock bottle during my college years. Nothing like a clean crips Rock on a summer day, Thanks for the memories!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal