my dad's collection for sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

debodun

Reaction score
My dad dug and collected bottles back in the 70's. Now he is deceased and I have inherited his bottles. I would like to sell them to someone who would appreciate them. I live in eastern New York near Albany, so I am looking for a buyer in this area. There are about 50 boxes of bottles including medicinals, food, canning jars, beer, wine, soda, ink wells, insulators and much misc. Mostly aqua color - some green and brown especially the beer & wines. I estimate most of the bottles are from the 1930's. I want to sell the whole lot in one piece. If you live in eastern New York or nearby, or know someone who is, make me an offer! I'd like to sell before winter as they are on my porch and might crack in the cold if they get wet.

leffertshook

Reaction score
Hi debodun,

Did this stuff sale yet? If not i'd be interested in hearing what you have for insulators.

Thanks for your time,
Richie [:)]

debodun

Reaction score
I looked through the boxes and found only 4 insulators. two are clear and say PYREX on them, one is aqua colored glass and is embossed with PAT. MAY 22 1894 and a No. 15 and it has a crack in it. The other is a brown glazed ceramic about 2 inches long that has an "L" in a diamond on one side, an A-65 in a rectangle on the other and also an I within a C within a circle.

leffertshook

Reaction score
Hi debodun,

TY for the reply. The insulator with the MAY 22 1894 and the No. 15 on it, is a CD287. Its a blotted out F.M. Locke piece. How bad is the crack in this one? This piece in VNM condition has a value in the $10-$15 range.
The porcelain thingy sounds like it might be an insulator out of a older neon sign, but that's just a wild guess without seeing it. I'd be interested in the pair depending on price, OR a trade is always good...[:D] I have many things around here. lol

Richie[:)]

Bendy

Reaction score
I'm in a similar position. My dad dug bottles in the 60s and 70's in Pine Bluff, Ark. I have 100s of bottles I don't know much about or what to do with. I hav several insulators. They are clear and read Hemingray No. 16.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide