Old Soft Drink Bottles Vintage Antique Coke - 7 Up - Dr Pepper

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oldhonda

Reaction score
This is a lot of six old bottles I found. Two of the old Coke bottles I found at Rikers Island, NY while excavating for new utilities. Two of the old coke bottles are Dec. 25, 1923. One from New York (has small chip in the bottom) and the other is from San Bernardino, Calif. The other old Coke bottle says “Trade Mark Registered Bottle Pat D-105529”. Please keep in mind a couple of the bottles came out of the ground and may have scratches. Please ask any questions before you bid. $125. Shipping in the US is $20.

Attachments

• Bottles 19.jpg
    Bottles 19.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Bottles 17.jpg
    Bottles 17.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Bottles 18.jpg
    Bottles 18.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 115

oldhonda

Reaction score
I can't see how to revise these listings. I want to reduce the price to $50. plus shipping.

oldhonda

Reaction score
Hi, no I have not had any luck at all. I'm not sure what any of this stuff is worth. Thank you!

corey tate

Reaction score
Just stay at it and don't discourager you will find these bottles are worth more than you think some people don't want you to know

hemihampton

Reaction score
Just stay at it and don't discourager you will find these bottles are worth more than you think some people don't want you to know

He thought they were worth $125, are you saying they are worth more then that & we don't want him to know?

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Thats a great deal I think I've just started myself I would take it
What Leon (hemihampton) is saying is that most old bottles don't hold any great value, with only the rarest, oldest, and most desirable pieces bringing the big bucks.

The bottles that oldhonda has posted are not particularly old - the Dr. Pepper, 7-Up, and clear Coca-Cola are from the 1970s (the clear Coke likely late 70s), the Pat-D Coke was produced between 1938 and 1953 (will have a 2-digit year date about 1/4 of the way up from the base), and the two Dec. 25, 1923 Cokes are known as "Christmas Coke's" due to the patent date. These were made between 1923 and 1938.

The 7-Up, Dr. Pepper, clear Coke, and Pat-D Coke are all worth, at most, a few ($1-3, maybe $5) dollars each (if you can find a buyer). The Christmas Coke's can hold a bit more value, but is very heavily dependent on where it was bottled - since these two were in a huge city (New York) and a decent-sized city (San Bernardino, CA) I doubt these ones are worth much more than the other bottles in this lot given their bottling location and the overall condition (ground and case wear). Someone with the Coke bottle value book can double check.

Hope this was informative!

oldhonda

Reaction score
Thank you for the information! I am not a bottle collector. I saved these bottles because I thought someone would want them. I had no idea of their value. I was wanting to offer them to someone who likes and collects them. I'm open to offers. Just don't want to store them anymore. I still don't know how to modify my posts on this website. Thank again!

TexasRancher

Reaction score
Thank you for the information! I am not a bottle collector. I saved these bottles because I thought someone would want them. I had no idea of their value. I was wanting to offer them to someone who likes and collects them. I'm open to offers. Just don't want to store them anymore. I still don't know how to modify my posts on this website. Thank again!
No, you did good pricing high and then lowering....that's what you're supposed to do. I've been late to a few parties- (end of auction/sale) where bottles were sold for $40. that I had to track down their new owners to offer them $300 to $500. I appreciate rarer coins and bottles to be listed high for one year on E-Bay...then start dropping prices by 25% each year. There are collectors but they need to be able to find you...your listing. Always list high with best offer. Recently I bought the mother-load of 25 rare returnable bottles (they get destroyed due to being returnable $) not known to have existed for $4,000. She was given the bottles by a late relative and stored them for 30 years...everyone told her to throw them out. Her son saw where i was seeking them.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen