Old Soft Drink Bottles Vintage Antique Coke - 7 Up - Dr Pepper

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TexasRancher

Reaction score
What Leon (hemihampton) is saying is that most old bottles don't hold any great value, with only the rarest, oldest, and most desirable pieces bringing the big bucks.

The bottles that oldhonda has posted are not particularly old - the Dr. Pepper, 7-Up, and clear Coca-Cola are from the 1970s (the clear Coke likely late 70s), the Pat-D Coke was produced between 1938 and 1953 (will have a 2-digit year date about 1/4 of the way up from the base), and the two Dec. 25, 1923 Cokes are known as "Christmas Coke's" due to the patent date. These were made between 1923 and 1938.

The 7-Up, Dr. Pepper, clear Coke, and Pat-D Coke are all worth, at most, a few ($1-3, maybe $5) dollars each (if you can find a buyer). The Christmas Coke's can hold a bit more value, but is very heavily dependent on where it was bottled - since these two were in a huge city (New York) and a decent-sized city (San Bernardino, CA) I doubt these ones are worth much more than the other bottles in this lot given their bottling location and the overall condition (ground and case wear). Someone with the Coke bottle value book can double check.

Hope this was informative!
Well said...most old bottles are $8.00 to $15.00. max, unless they are ultra rare or have a great rare color, like Leon's treasured collection. Now I like glass/ceramic insulators (power/electrical) but i would never start a collection from scratch, there's so many great varieties and colors, it would take years and lots of money. But if i found someone that HAD a nice complete collection of hundred of insulators, dates-history....now, that i would be interested in- lump sum $. Collections are worth more than single bottles/insulators. There was someone in here collecting old common dark-brown Clorox bottles...kudos to him, it's what someone fancies that makes things valuable. Or in Leon's case lots and lots of bottle collectors covet what he's collecting.

Reaction score
I don't collect just any bottle, but I am always interested in old bottles. I am on this net because of curiosity and the slight possibility that someone will report finding a bottle from the Live Oak Bottling Company in Live Oak, Florida. My Maternal grandfather and his brothers operated that bottling plant at the turn of the 19th century. They bottled Coca Cola properly "crowned and labeled" (their words). Grandpa Keen left the business about 1906 to help his aging parents run their Georgia farm. He and other brothers also were involved with Coca Cola bottling in Jacksonville, Florida; River Junction, Florida; and Waycross Georgia. Grandpa Wm. Albert Keen later drove this Coca Cola delivery truck.

Attachments

• Keen_Truck copy.jpeg
    Keen_Truck copy.jpeg
    992.5 KB · Views: 35

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
I don't collect just any bottle, but I am always interested in old bottles. I am on this net because of curiosity and the slight possibility that someone will report finding a bottle from the Live Oak Bottling Company in Live Oak, Florida. My Maternal grandfather and his brothers operated that bottling plant at the turn of the 19th century. They bottled Coca Cola properly "crowned and labeled" (their words). Grandpa Keen left the business about 1906 to help his aging parents run their Georgia farm. He and other brothers also were involved with Coca Cola bottling in Jacksonville, Florida; River Junction, Florida; and Waycross Georgia. Grandpa Wm. Albert Keen later drove this Coca Cola delivery truck.
Great picture and you've got an interesting family history. I started collecting turn of the century Florida Straight Side Cokes.. I've got a Jacksonville bottle and recently saw a Live Oak on ebay. Didn't buy it because they wanted more than I had to spend. If I ever get/find a Live Oak I'll post on here.

gdcwatt

Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the Coke D manufacturing date, which indicates the bottle I pulled off the bottom of the lake is from 1943. My wife told me that, "Just because a beer bottle has been underwater for fifty years doesn't mean it deserves a place on the mantle," but 80 years!!!! Now where's that box...

Reaction score
Great picture and you've got an interesting family history. I started collecting turn of the century Florida Straight Side Cokes.. I've got a Jacksonville bottle and recently saw a Live Oak on ebay. Didn't buy it because they wanted more than I had to spend. If I ever get/find a Live Oak I'll post on here.
Thanks for the tip. I made an offer on the straight-side Live Oak bottle and it was accepted. It is embossed, as they were before Grandpa left the business to his younger brothers. A couple months ago another collector on this list helped me identify a pale amethyst bottle I found around an old latrine on our farm (Virginia). He told me that leaving it in sunlight, it would darken -- so I am keeping it away from light sources. This list is really helpful.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen