My "Digs"...ie ...dump.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
This one covers several acres...[&:]

I dug one hole on top about 8 feet deep and didn't hit bottom...was finding 40's stuff there. And hundreds of tiny vials...many with the contents: clear liquid, amber liquid, white powders. Vials were either clear glass or amber glass and pointed on the end...

They reminded me of the vials in the shipwreck in that movie :The Deep.

I posted a pic of some of them on another site and was told to get rid of them ALL...they were possibly narcotics and I'd get busted and jailed for possessing them.[:eek:]

I disposed of them all and even deleted my pic from the website...

whiskeyman

Reaction score
here's 3 "empties" I kept...amber glass...The tip appears Cut off.

Ec88461.jpg

Attachments

• Ec88461.jpg
    Ec88461.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 63

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Found that pic of the ones I used to have...

Jh16084.jpg

anyone know if these are harmless or what?
I hated destroying the ones I had...they were neat.
If they're "safe"...I'm gonna go dig some more...[:D]

Attachments

• Jh16084.jpg
    Jh16084.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 72

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
No wonder you keep going back, you are hooked on those opium drugs that are loose in the soil
!! lol just kidding.... I find those vials but they are all in clear glass in this neck of the woods I thought they might be diabetic syringe bottles... Never did think they might be pain killers... Taz

whiskeyman

Reaction score
TAZ...nah, I usually am tired when I leave and not euphoric in the least...LOL.

I had a labeled one once. It was a shampoo sample from H.Clay Glover Company...makers of mange medicine for dogs,etc. Clear with an amber liquid in it.

Another labeled example I had said it was a Federally registered narcotic on the label...from SE Massengill Co.

I believe these came from old stock of the SE Massengill Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company...too many in just this one place, although I have found singles scattered about the dump area.

They had a variety of contents: thick dark liquid, amber liquid, clear liquid and white powders...plus different colors of glass and different sizes...lookit those two large rascals with points on both ends...whazzat for???

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey whiskeyman nice tip, hopefully you will find a big patch of pre-1900 stuff there [:D] .
Those little vials are interesting, some possibly did contain narcotics but if you clean them well and maybe give them a soak in Hydrochloric Acid I can't see you getting into trouble, minute traces may still be there but thats probably true of a few of the medicne and cure bottles that we all find.

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
those are too coolto get rid of, I'd keep them, try getting a couple tested, I dug these and everybody told me to get rid of them I think these syringes are cool

Pn35578.jpg

Attachments

• Pn35578.jpg
    Pn35578.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 61

madman

Reaction score
wow whiskeyman nice dump pix, ino about those cave ins burying your hole it sucks damn ash!! wow 8feet of 40tys theres got to be some old stuff there!!! how about a pix of some of the keepers mike

David E

Reaction score
They are called ampules. you hold the fat part in the palm of your hand while busting the top off with your thumb and hope you don't get cut.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93