my first baby face i dug today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mainepontil

Reaction score
That Glassworx is a piece of work,quite a character - I mean that in a good way - I get a kick out of his Ebay site.

I've never seen anyone be able to get $35 for a $2 bottle on a regular basis. The man is very creative in his listings. Not to mention he's a walking encylopedia, especially about bottles.

Joel

GlassWorx

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Mainepontil

That Glassworx is a piece of work,quite a character - I mean that in a good way - I get a kick out of his Ebay site.

I've never seen anyone be able to get $35 for a $2 bottle on a regular basis. The man is very creative in his listings. Not to mention he's a walking encylopedia, especially about bottles.

Joel
Just like at a fine restaurant, it's all in the presentation. Red Lobster built a chain based on that.[:'(]Or in music. There's only seven whole notes, but a billion songs.
And to everyone worried about the tunneling aspect? Don't.I should be so lucky to die in an antique bottle dump. I mean for real if I could pick the way? The method? [8|]It's a lot better than food poisoning from a Dairy Queen Chili dog (which I have personally witnessed with fatal results) Or trying to make "warp seven" on a Yamaha and meeting a massive oak tree with different ideas and a brutal final lesson in the physics of motion, inetrtia and that pesky "sudden stop".... Seen that one too. I'm not going out that way, karma won't allow it. I'm sure when I go it's going to be comic, drowing in bowl of Italian Wedding style soup, or a blood vessel will burst in my brain during a bowel movement and someone's last memory of me is going to be with my pants down with a Thor comic book on my lap. BUT if I could pick the way? Yup, buried in a massive cave in, crushed like a bug, while attempting to pull out something crude, colored and pontiled.
I've been in my share of cave-ins, that's unavoidable, AND one of the reasons I hardly ever dig alone. But keep the "roof" thin, clear out rocks and bricks (learned THAT one the hard way) Had a rock drop from overhead once, right on to a pile of bottles I was too anxious to remove from the hole yet[:mad:] I was piling them alongside me they were coming out so fast.[8D] Learn to listen for those tell-tale signs of a cave in, and have at it. So anyhow, I don't worry about it and neither should you. If I get a hillside dumped on me and my last chapter is written, well that just thins out the ranks a little, and means more for everyone else. Alas my weakness is that I've trained a LOT of diggers over the years and created my own competition.
Thanks for the kind words my homies! [:D]

deepwoods

Reaction score
Glassworx - LOL ! As I said before,Ive been digging a very similar site myself - with mine, the first three feet is a very-hard-get-through-layer of very compacted ash and fused rusty metal beneath which is the much easier to dig use layer with some good stuff in it. In these circumstances,the temptation to tunnel maybe a little too much can be enormous,especially when youre finding good stuff,or worse,pieces of good stuff - I feel like some tricksters trying to lure me to my doom sometimes. But,as you say the main thing is to not get carried away,and not to dig alone. Btw, I saw that Maine Bitters you dug - very nice - hope the next one is green! Keep pluggin.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles