My humble collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DLWJohn

Reaction score
Heres a shot of my collection so far. Nothing too great but I'm still pretty much a newbie when it comes to bottles.
In the first row is just a couple common edison battery oils

2nd row is (L to R):

Standard Brewing Co Scranton, PA
AH Whitmer Selinsgrove, PA
E&J Burke beer
Ashton Mineral Water Co Ltd/ Portland Street/Ashton-U-Lyne Codd
August Hohl Catasauqua, PA
GB Felker Montrose, PA hutch (Found this ON TOP of the ground, where it had been thrown 100+ years ago!)

The back row is some local milks, the green bottle is a worthless screw top, but I liked the color and corrugations on the sides so I kept it (anyone know what kind this is out of curiosity?), and on the end the usual Clorox and Certo..... and yes that is an original peice of a Lackawanna Railroad dining car dish, found on the old main line abandoned in 1915!

C4B01B35E96E47C2827DBE8CEDF2B1C4.jpg

Attachments

• C4B01B35E96E47C2827DBE8CEDF2B1C4.jpg
    C4B01B35E96E47C2827DBE8CEDF2B1C4.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 95

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Yeah what Lobe said....
Soon you will be giving away bottles on some bottle forum because you have so many [8D]

deer4x4

Reaction score
hey rick your right look at george and his friends that i am getting rid of i like that icy blue soda nice start
bob

DLWJohn

Reaction score
I dug all the battery oils, milks, that green thing and the White House vinegar lid. I found the Clorox, Certo, Standard beer, EJ Burke, and the hutch along an old railroad line, and The A.H. Whitmer, August Hohl and the codd I bought at flea markets/antique stores

The Whitmer soda is also my favorite as well....

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Nice start. A couple of those you will still have after you've gotten over 100.

glass man

Reaction score
I have a soft spot in my heart for the battery oilsWhen I 1st started collecting in LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY,I would walk the rail road tracks and find them lying by the tracks and acl sodas!MAN,WHAT A THRILL! I miss those days. I wish I HAD A EDISON BATTERY OIL NOW,THAT I FOUND LONG AGO AND HAD ON MY SHELF JUST LIKE YOU DO DL!TREASURE THE EXICITEMENT YOU FEEL NOW!I have seen so many get out of bottle collecting because it became a MONEY THING and could not afford $25.000 bottles .I have actually been set up at a bottle show with my $1-$10 bottles and had a person look at my bottles and sneer!THANK GOD MOST OF US LOVE BOTTLES AND EACH OTHER PERIOD! I am not knocking a beautiful high priced bottle or those who can afford them .I know some of these people and they are great people.I also know people that buy high priced bottles and act like bottle collecting is their on private country club and not just any one can join! THESE PEOPLE ARE THE MINORITY AND BE IGNORED AND LET THEM LIVE IN THERE EXPENSIVE GLASS HOUSES! I have started all three of my bottle collections by going to the dump and taking home the culls no one wanted and loved them.HEY they were as old as the more exspensive bottles and they won't always be as easy to come by! I started collecting acl's when no body cared for them .If I had kept it up I WOULD HAVE ONE GREAT COLLECTION NOW! SORRY TO RAMBLE ON AND ON INSOMIA GETS LONLY SOMETIMES![:-] LOVE YOU ALL! LINDSEY

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4