My poison bottle collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deenodean

Reaction score
Well I am not a poison bottle collector but they are a nice addition to a collection..I have picked up these 7 along the way...

100_6742.jpg

100_6743.jpg

# 1 ... is the only poison I have ever dug, broken, but I took it. It has marked poison one 2 sides and horizontal small lines on each side, the other 2 sides are plane. It might be Canadian since there is a small diamond on the base.
# 2.. Iodine, I believe it is American, it has TINCT on the front. The next 2 are Canadian LIQ Iodine? I know they are a dime a dozen but since I got # 2 and 3 for free I could not say no.
# 4.. 6 sided blue poison, traded for that one..I think that one is Canadian also, it has the D in the Diamond on the bottom.
#5 .. tooled top, slight amythest, POISON and 1 row of bumps on each side of the word POISON, not sure where that one hails from. I got that one for $4.00
#6..amber, NOT TO BE TAKEN...I bought that one also for $10.00 ..is it British?

Any impressions and info appreciated! [:)]

epackage

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item27c692d3bd&item=170835235773&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=BVdLYITmoICcnsTq1UbiRMEkv3M%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Jim

Reaction score
Your #5 is a good Canadian poison bottle. They usually come in cobalt, but yours is the lightest-colored one I have ever seen. The cobalt ones are considered to be a decent bottle, yours would be even better. ~Jim

deenodean

Reaction score
thanks epackage and Jim...

looks like I messed up on the count..[&:]
#1 ...broken blue
# 2-4 ...Iodine's
#5..6 sided blue..
#6... amethyst poison...
#7..amber bottle 'not to be taken'

The amethyst poison is also strap sided, no markings on the bottom...

Poison_Us

Reaction score
1) KS-2 in a fairly common color/size (American)
2-4) KS-12 (common) Tinct = American Liq = Canadian
5) KI-? cant make it out..there are many different embossings..but most are common
6) KR-10 in rare clear (Canadian)
7) KJ-14 (common) (English)

deenodean

Reaction score
Poison_us.... the 6 sided cobalt is 1 oz. The left panel says' use with caution' , the middle panel says ' 1 oz ' , the right panel says ' POISON'..

Whats the value on the KR-10?

Thanks in advance..

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I know what we paid for our clear, but I'm not sure what others would pay for it. I have no price guide for the clear.
The one to ask would be mctaggart67. He collects Canadian poisons and would have a better feel on it's value. I just know not many of the clear have made their way south of the border, so that are fairly rare down here...not sure about up nort....

5) is a KI-5 and are relatively common. They come in a rage of sizes from 1/2 to 16oz.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Really like that clear/amethyst poison. Not because people say it is rare, but because it seems to have been made using a pharmacy bottle stock mold. The crude neck/top is very nice too. Too bad about the broken one ya dug but you will find more.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
$10 replacement for your KS-2 if your so inclined to have a whole one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COBALT-BLUE-RECTANGULAR-POISON-BOTTLE-/120920997014?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2773fc96

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday