My Son's Unearthed Treasures

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TheScootinator

Reaction score
Hi! My little boy found an old foundation of a house in the woods on our property and he's been digging up tons of bottles. Old Bayer aspirin, large brown jug-like Hi-lex bottles, various sized clear glass Windex bottles, an old Christian Brothers of CA bottle, small brown bottles with droppers, a clear glass square bottle with grapes designed into the and the words "Berrycup Wine, NY", and also a blue glass bottle that says "Brioschi" on it. Does anyone have a clue if these are worth anything? HE thinks he will have a fortune in bottles and can buy a new stereo, LOL. I told him I'd check it out for him. Any help I can get would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

woody

Reaction score
It sounds like he's in a 1940-1950's dump.
Most of the bottles he'll find there won't be worth much, although if he finds an older area he might find something worthwhile that'll get him that new stereo.
Good luck!!!

"Brioschi" is an antacid that is still used today.

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Have your son keep an eye out for soda and milk bottles from your area, they might be worth something to a local collector.
-Sam

diginit

Reaction score
Sounds like good experience. Don't forget figurines and bottlecaps.Some, in good condition, can bring a few bucks.

TheScootinator

Reaction score
Sam, my son found some Nehi bottles, and a unique "U-Lyk-It" bottle, (which I'm assuming was/is a kind of soda) with the words "Property of Coca-Cola Bottling Div - Superior, WI". We live right outside of Superior. There are also some bottle caps I will have to take a closer look at. If nothing else, he's developed a fun hobby!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75