National Bottle Museum

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jpclute

Reaction score
Greetings.I am posting this in the digging section of this forum because, well, I'm a digger and most of the activity in this forum is here. Please accept my apologies if this should have been posted elsewhere. Most if not all of you are familiar with the Bottle Museum up in Ballston Spa, NY. It is educational, not for profit, and relies on the contributions of it's supporters to in order to run. While the Museum thanks its many supporters and clubs who have actively donated over the years, there is always a need for more revenue. The passing of Jan Rutland last year had a tremendous impact on the Museum and left a hole that has not yet been filled (see, this is about digging !) Thanks to the efforts of a core group of people the Museum has kept running.
What I am asking in this forum is an appeal to all of you diggers and collectors,and clubs, that if you are not yet a member of the Museum to please consider joining. It can be as little as $10.00 for a Friend of the Museum membership. The Museum needs the support of all who enjoy digging or collecting that elusive glass. It is there for you to use and enjoy.
Please visit the website at www.nationalbottlemuseum.org for information and the membership application which can be downloaded; or contact the Museum at:
National Bottle Museum
76 Milton Ave
Ballston Spa, NY

In closing, I would like to add I have been a digger for almost 44 years now and a member of the Museum for over 20 years. The bottle hobby has it's core roots with digging which keeps the fun in the hobby, but it also needs an organization like the Museum to present the hobby to the public to keep alive the historical significance of the bottles we dig.
Thank you,
Roy Topka
Clifton Park, NY

Gromit0299

Reaction score
I've read about the bottle museum, and do want to visit, and perhaps after the holidays, I'll make the trek and consider becoming a member. I know it's the holidays, and everyone wants a contribution, but I gave to a lot of charities this year (valid ones) and some not so valid ones, like the "my daughter wants all things Rapunzel, and my son wants a "REAL" robot, mommy. [;)] don't discount me sayin no, put me down it the "once my wallet stops smoldering" category. Thanks for letting people know, though. I love supporting little museums and the like.

P.S. Moderator, can this be moved to the General Chat forum? Thanks.

jpclute

Reaction score
Gromit0299,

Glad to hear you are considering joining. Yea, I know it's hard to come up with cash this time of year. Come to think of it, it's hard to come up with cash any time of year. Anything anyone can send to support the museum is appreciated. Thanks for responding.
jpclute

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1