NB&CO, cap off, scrubbed up, what is it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wm

Reaction score
I came across this bottle in a river. So it was encrusted in organic material. I decided after a little research and much deliberation to soak it in dishsoap and water, then I hit it up with a brush. To my suprise the cap seemed a little loose. I became a little worried because I knew there was something in it, but I figured if it wasn't corked the contents were probably in the soaking bucket already and i still had my hands [ha ha] Anyway after researching the last couple of days [this bottle is the reason I just purchased my first computer and first digital camera, I figured it is worth it, I know, it's 2004] I've decided I've really got something here. Now I would be grateful to you guys for giving me your expert opinions. It was discovered near the location of an old union [civil war] camp. Am i close? Anyway it's a beautiful site isn't it? It might be for sale!!!! Let me hear from you. I'm listening. wm note: it isn't leaking and it's about 6 inches tall

Ig12951.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Ig12951.jpg
    Ig12951.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 78

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hi Wm,
Sorry to tell you that is not a Civil War period bottle.Hard to be sure from your photo but it's mold lines appear to run right to the lip,if not thru it.And it's a screw-top.1890-1930,I'd say.
Someone else may be able to tell you what it contains(ed).Still a nice bottle,will look good backlit.

KAT

KentOhio

Reaction score
It looks like an eyewash, probably from about 1905. I'd say it's worth about $6 or $8.

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
Hi wm

This bottle is a patented medicine bottle circa 1910 and was also discussed at the following thread:
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/cobalt_blue_bottle_NB%26CO/m_13240/tm.htm

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

David E

Reaction score
Wm the B looks like it holds two more letters, is that so.
Dave

wm

Reaction score
Hello Dave: Thats new to me. What do you think they are?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75