neat soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ryan

Reaction score
One of my favorite bottles, found at an auction a month or so ago. Does this appear in any books? What are the best books to have besides Matt's? I was thinking of buying the spectrum of Digger O'Dell books, any suggestions?

chmayersoda.jpg

Thanks!

Attachments

• F1B3BF9022AF4282AF61EFA2A9DD46DE.jpg
    F1B3BF9022AF4282AF61EFA2A9DD46DE.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 56

idigjars

Reaction score
Hi Ryan, never seen that bottle in that color before. Nice! Are you located in Northern Indiana? Sent you an email. Paul

appliedlips

Reaction score
Wow,Paul is right,what a color for that one.I am pretty sure that is a beer from around 1890 or so.A couple of friends collect Indiana beers if you need more info,shoot me a PM and I will give you their email addresses.Most local bottles like this never appear in general bottle books but sometimes regional books are published.I do know an Indiana beer bottle book is in the works,but not finished.Odells books are great as they show actual prices on alot of items and list sales dates.Matt's is a good one and I really like the Auction Price Report for antique bottles.It hasn't been updated since 03 but is a great,quick reference.Good luck collecting,Doug

Ryan

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I'm crossing my fingers it's a soda as I purchased a couple crowntops with the same name / town that look like sodas, though they could also be beers. Yeah the color is what hooked me too!

MINNESOTA DIGGER

Reaction score
Hello this mayer guy was a very successful soda bottler as i have dug his hutch sodas in minnesota most of his bottles are common this looks like a wiess beer to me . looks good on your shelf

Ryan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: MINNESOTA DIGGER

Hello this mayer guy was a very successful soda bottler as i have dug his hutch sodas in minnesota most of his bottles are common this looks like a wiess beer to me . looks good on your shelf

Cool, so you've dug hutch sodas with this same name from Hammond, Ind.? But you think this one might be a beer? Do you think he could have done both? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday