Necked Beauty's (un embossed bottles)--->Show us yours

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
donalddarneille you have a couple of nice demijohns in your picture.I Like the aqua green one.
The dog bottle was a local South Jersey find.
It had been in the same family for over 150 years.
It was a gift possibly from one of the glass blowers at Wistarburgh to a family member.
I have seen only one other of these bottles in the last ten years and that was at a Glass Works auction.
I was very fortunate to aquire this bottle being in the right place at the oppertune time had a lot to do with it.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hmm,....right dear,[:)]....That would've been the early eightys.....But I dug that dump at least two to three times a week for years, and even though wonderful and, not dug or seen by me since stuff came outa there, (It was one of Bradford's city dumps) I'd still say, knowing what I know now, those two bottles were late throws.... It'd be awesome to get back into the good part of that dump! Steve, that would be really cool if the green bottle were that old....Thanks for the ongoing education. Joe

donalddarneille

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell
I Like the aqua green one.

Thanks Steve, that green one is pretty awesome. Applied lip, hammered whittle and orange peel, and a huge gnarly pontil scar. I took it in as a part trade a few months back and was going to sell it at the next show, but hav'nt wanted to move it off that shelf since I got it home......

bostaurus

Reaction score
These are two of my favorite. One has a very delicate flared pouring lip and is very whittled. The other is 3 part mold. I love the colors though you have to hold them up to a very strong light. Don't really know what to call the color of the one with the pouring lip...sort of a dark rootbeer color with some plum in it. The other is a very dark purple. I have tried everything to get a picture of the color to no avail.

773B959C51BF4879B962239424403A92.jpg

Attachments

• 773B959C51BF4879B962239424403A92.jpg
    773B959C51BF4879B962239424403A92.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 53

RedGinger

Reaction score
Those are beautiful, Melinda. I can see the purple in your bottle. I have a tiny bottle that is the same; black purple that you can only see well in the light. If you want to, try holding the bottle to the light and taking a picture through the mouth of the bottle. You might need to take it at a slight angle, but after a few tries, you'll get one.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Steve. At those prices, I'll look on ebay and see what's available.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
This thread is a great coverage of a lot of interest to me. I would love to be able to handle and study some of them..Thanks for showing them to us.
RED Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward