Need help identifying bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NYMICK

Reaction score
Hi, I am a first time 'poster' - hope this works! Came across this bottle in the cellar of my previous home (in NY) and just love it. I am unable to find any info as to it's age, use or current price. It is filled with a goldish liquid of unknown properties with a thick sediment, The bottle sides seem a little boxy and I can find one line (seam?) at the neck. The stopper is all glass, has a deliberate indent front to back and un-removable. There are no letters or insignias. Does anyone have a clue?

Ge94186.jpg

NYMICK

Reaction score
Maybe I posted this to the wrong ere and should have put it in 'After 1900'? Here's a look at the bottom though/ Love your site. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bz78731.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78731.jpg
    Bz78731.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 37

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Welcome, I can’t tell if there’s an Owens ring or a blowback mark on the bottom. My guess is 1915± apothecary or chemical bottle. That’s a ground stopper and they can be tough to remove when stuck. It also depends on what’s in it. The indent is probably from the original closure, a wire bail, kind of a lightning jar/champagne combination wire. Can you picture that?
Value is tough but probably not too much. Did you like the house? If so just hang onto it as a remembrance.

NYMICK

Reaction score
Eric,

Thanks for the info. The house (in NY) was built around 1910 so the bottle probably belonged to the original owner. Yes, I loved the house (we relocated to more modern digs in Pa.) and will keep the bottle. Thanks again.

Karen

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles