need help indentifying this one

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

vaflask

Reaction score
Thanks for the information Brian, I thought this may be the GI59. I've been researching this for some time now. Its nice to have a 2nd opinion.

Bob

vaflask

Reaction score
Hi Sean

Thanks for the reply. I am in the process of getting this one appraised. I do believe this is an original.

vaflask

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the information for Heckler Auctions and Glassworks. I will look them up.

Bob

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Bob ,
Norm Heckler Sr. or Jr. can tell you in just a second whether it is original or not. Like was stated previously..they are some good repos out there. Some of these flasks are hard to tell ... unless you can actually hold them in your hand . I'm sure Norm will be able to help you .
I hope it is a Real McCoy ..... but my first thought when I saw your pics was Repro !!!
But like I said ... hard to tell sometimes.
I see two examples of a GI-59 selling at public auction in Cobalt Blue . Both sold in 1996 and one brought 23,100.00 ( deep cobalt ) thru Heckler's and the other example sold for 12,100.00 ( medium cobalt ) thru another auction house.
Good luck and keep us informed on what you find out . Brian

woody

Reaction score
Here is Hecklers website for those who are interested.

http://www.hecklerauction.com/Default.htm

Check out his auction catalog for some serious bottles.
A good reference, also.

vaflask

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I hope its not a repro. I will be contacting Mr. Heckler to see what I can find out. Just a note about where and when this was found. My father was a bulldozer operator, he found this while clearing land on the eastern shore of Maryland about 30-32 years ago. I have had it since then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson