Need help Please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

David E

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks so much for the information, now all I need to do is give my buddy a kick in the rear and show him all your posts and away we go. Actually if luck was on our side, if nobody else thought of this, bottles should appear from shoreline out. Guess first should go in with rubber boots and check. But more than likely they will be deeper as diggers have picked this dump over for a long time and the Police don't like to see that. Nothing wrong with probing the lake though. Its a warm water lake with what I am told muck on bottom. If and when I get on this, will send some pictures. Right now I am going to forwarn my friend with the boat by sending him copies of all your E Mails. Thanks for all the offers to help, people in the bottle field are the best. And Brian hope you can find some oldtimers down there. Brian lives on the Southend and I live on the Northend of Puget Sound in Seattle area.
Have great digging all
Dave

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
David,
I think i found a good solution for you to get to those bottles!

OK its costs abit of money,but if you check out sportsmansguide.com and look in the fishing Equipment section they sell a little portable video cam,that is waterproof and will send a image to the little black and white tv it comes with,also it runs about 150 USD or so,...

other than that All the above suggestions are great!,.....
The magent idea "ronave" posted about is VERY GOOD!,...
I use a 25LB pull magnet while i go detecting or sifting bottle spots,....
not only will it grab some artifacts from the bottom but will tell you a sort of time peroid your dealing with...
A good website to look for a magnet like that is "Kellyco detectors" just search for them on yahoo or somthing,they have 4 or 5 differnt types of magnets that have a pulling power of 200 LBS or so!.......

My idea would be to get the underwater cam,see whats around first! and make sure its worth your time,then I would get a large fishing net!,.......and i think you get the idea,.....

but i tried to help!

CJCrystalmines

Reaction score
David,
I was just wondering if you've gotten out on the lake yet? How are things going? Hopefully you're not stuck in the mud out there. What method have you found that works the best? Keep us posted, interested in what you've found so far!

portland med. man

Reaction score
in portland east between the docks there`s alot of old bottles but alot of lobster traps and stuff as well it`s like 40 feet deep at low tide i was thinking to have like a little net or basket put weight at the front of it, you could even put finger like attachments to it so it grabs down in the muck my friend dives for bottles and i was watching him pull up tons of stuff. i was kinda in the same boat well sorta i could see him grabbing the stuff in the river 10 feet away in like 20 feet of river water well i thought up this idea have a long rope toss it in and drag it along threw the dump and see what you can drag up i would dive but i almost drowned like 3 times and im petrified of water.... just a thought but i`m gonna try it out the docks have been in portland since 1630`s and i dont think they dredge in between them.... good luck and i hope you get to find some nice stuff peace p.m.m

David E

Reaction score
Yes got out in the lake on Sunday and descovered we could not get his boat under the ramp of the bridge. So will need to back on land and wade out a few feet with rubber boots and probe. Also take another look from shore for water access. Thanks for all the help and will let you know if I turn up some bottles.
Dave

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75