Need help with coke bottle identefiction!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DirtDobber

Reaction score
Hey guysangals sorry no pick yet, but i found bundles of coke bottles, the biggest part of them look like this one here! discription clear, striaght sided, seam on bth side clearthy mold type, says 10 full oz on neck, it has a fine bead or quilt type pattern all over the bottle xcept the neck, and has a big diamond embosed on each side and has a coke bottle embosed in them, one diamond say coke the other says coca cola. The bottom says not to be refilled 5 67 CK-18941 ive also seen RC bottles the same desine. THANX DirtDobber

bubbas dad

Reaction score
without seeing it, sounds like a no return no deposite bottle from the 60"s. if it is i, understand some of them are starting to become collectable.

DirtDobber

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply bro! Thats kinda what i thought but wasnt sure> Dont know if I want to sell that one its the first one I found. When the bundles are on my front porch tomorrow u get first pick kk!!!!!!! I like em I think thier kinda unique!!!!

digdug

Reaction score
It does sound like the No Deposit No Return (NDNR) Coke bottle from the 1960's. Although the 10 ounce is the more common size, people are starting to collect them. A little trivia fact about this bottle- The Diamond Coke No Deposit No Return bottle is the first non-hobbleskirt shaped bottle Coke used since 1915. The Engineering Dept. didn't think the hobbleskirt shape would hold up in the thin glass style of NDNR bottles. But, after customer complaints and store complaints they soon changed the style to the classis hobbleskirt shape. The reason everyone wanted it changed? They could not easily identify it as a Coke bottle amongst all the other NDNR soda bottles at the store. Most were using a straight sided bottle for the NDNR and the Coke bottle would just get lost when in a cooler unit with all those other brands.

DirtDobber

Reaction score
heres the image!!!!!!

Ay75654.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Ay75654.jpg
    Ay75654.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 309

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
a great site for coke bottle identification and info is www.antiquebottles.com/coke/

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
is that bottle the same as these?

Vt57845.jpg

Attachments

• Vt57845.jpg
    Vt57845.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 227

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads