Need help with these 2 interesting bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jonahtroy

Reaction score
I'd like to know rarity and/or value. I'm pretty sure these are post 1900 but im not sure. Aqua Kanouse sprink water bottle. My mother picked this up a while ago for 7$.Pretty large (pic compares to mason jar).

A yellowish/light amber 1858 pat. mason jar. This was picked up a while ago for about 12$

epackage

Reaction score
The Kanouse is from Oakland NJ and it's a $25-40 bottle, a bit more with the stopper, it's a great find....Jim

epackage

Reaction score
I'd be interested in it if you're considering selling it..

Wheelah23

Reaction score
The Kanouse is a classic NJ spring water bottle, as epackage said... Great find for $7! Wish I were so lucky.

The jar could be a very good one... I'd suggest posting better pictures in the Jar forum so that more learned people can help you.

jonahtroy

Reaction score
I'm not really looking to sell, but thanks for the offer and info. I found it to be a nice display piece :). About the mason, i'm going to get more picks today in regular light.

jonahtroy

Reaction score
here are a few pics. BTW, I cant find any scratches or marks on the bottle

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
No base marks or anything? How about ground lip? I'm guessing ½ gal but measure the water it holds.
It could be a repro but don't be discouraged, they can still pull quite a few bucks in a color like that. They're just a very nice looking jar.
Try if you can to describe it in a little better detail.

jonahtroy

Reaction score
Looks like it's time to use macro on the camera. Here are some pics of the lip..These were the only marks on the bottle if you want to call them marks.

Mold seam

Symbol on back

botlguy

Reaction score
Upon closer inspection of these additional photos I believe you have a reproduction. The screw threads aren't correct for an old, original jar and I think there are no letters in the wings of the Hero Cross. Please show us a picture of the base and also post this to the Fruit Jar forum, there are more experts there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc