Need info on a flask.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

adshepard

Reaction score
Found this flask while diving in Eastport, Maine off the old steamship pier. It is rather plain except for the bottom which has an anchor on it. Any info as to date and manufacturer would be appreciated.

8344B028404747ED86099F7B7596C96C.jpg

67A7C45897A74E349D6CF57AB644AD0B.jpg

Man have I got the itch to get back in the water up there. Unfortunately that won't happen until April. [:(]

Thanks,

Alan

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'm not sure a maker was ever found for sure. Baltimore used an anchor and there are different ways the rope wraps and sometimes it's chain. The anchors can differ as well and any one could be a differt maker. The date would be the same for most SS tooled lip flasks. Late 18's to early 19's by my recollection.

adshepard

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

I'm not sure a maker was ever found for sure. Baltimore used an anchor and there are different ways the rope wraps and sometimes it's chain. The anchors can differ as well and any one could be a differt maker. The date would be the same for most SS tooled lip flasks. Late 18's to early 19's by my recollection.

Thanks. I thought Baltimore might be a possibility.

Alan

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Baltimore anchors are on the front, though others also did this. I don't think the base anchors have been attributed to anyone, though Baltimore would seem like a logical candidate, maybe Chris knows.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Alan. I see your gills are getting dry... huh? Hopefully, spring is right around the corner. You are not missing much as far as the "cold water diving" goes. Man, I hate this time of year. Even in a drysuit you freeze your ass off after a couple hours in the water...[&:]

When you come up this way in the spring, give me a call. I'd like to hook up with you. Spring is one of my busiest seasons, but after the work slows down, I'd love the opportunity to bring my diveboat up your way and spend a couple days diving. [;)]

PM me when you think you'd be heading up this way and remember, the New England Bottle Show will be here pretty soon (April) maybe you will be attending?

Take care and safe diving,
Wayne

A1EE964E37B14629AD7041E0EF2FEA1F.jpg

Attachments

• A1EE964E37B14629AD7041E0EF2FEA1F.jpg
    A1EE964E37B14629AD7041E0EF2FEA1F.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 63

adshepard

Reaction score
Wayne -

My gills are nearly bone dry and you had to post the dive boat which made them even drier! [:)]

I've got the itch to get back in the water very badly. I will say I don't miss the needle piercing feel in my lips from those sub 35f waters of winter.

When I'm headed up I'll let you know.

Not sure about the bottle show. It's my busy time of year in work

Alan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229