NEHI OR WAIST HIGH?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LEANBACON

Reaction score
Here's a soda bottle with a neat design on it. i've heard of NEHI, but don't know what year it's from. Markings on the lower portion of tyhe bottle say"COLUMBUS GA."

Tq48962.jpg

Attachments

• Tq48962.jpg
    Tq48962.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 70
Reaction score
Hello Diver...[:D]
Your bottle is from the The Royal Crown Bottling Company of Abilene, Texas they still make the soda pops in various flavors to this day.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13915&item=6114170209&rd=1
The above link to e-bay is the closest I`ve found to your bottle so far since the day i saw it come up.

The bottle is no older then the 40`s but is around the late 50`s from what I came find out.
Later
You Know Who......[:D]

flasherr

Reaction score
Well, I live in Abilene Texas and that bottle is not from there that bottle is from Columbus Ga. The RC plant here has been closed along time I believe in the early 80's. i have been in the old plant and was able to get the old check book from there it has great graphics on the checks. I also got some carriers from there. The only operating plants in Abilene are coke which bottles water and Abtex beverages. Abtex bottles Pepsi products, DR pepper and store brands from what I remember. Your bottle is older than the 40's im thinking that is around the 20's style but don't have one close by to look at. unfortunately that bottle is pretty common, but yours is in excellent shape from what I can tell so you might be able to get up to $10 for it they normally sell from $2-5 but they normally have a lot of case wear. hope this helps some
Brian

Reaction score
Flasherr,
Your right the company is not there anylonger which I knew but did not feel the need to write all about the company. It has changed hands (The Company) a few times and (Locations) over the years.
So, you got inside the old plant must have been cool looking around for things left behind.
Later

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2