Never Mind The Pollacks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Just thought a few of you might enjoy a fresh angle on the archeologists vs privy digging argument. I've used both the Sex Pistols and Billy Mayes in our defence. No need to get into a debate over it because it's mostly comic relief!

www.privypages.com

Just go to the third page of "Other Stuff".

Carry on grave robbing, folks!

tigue710

Reaction score
sweet... some good dig stories in there too... I was checking back for a while but hadn't seen any new digs... glad to have stumbled across a few in search of the archeologist rhetoric!

Love the Construction site digs...

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm afraid it's been slim pickin's on the bottle front lately. I usually add whatever I can to the other stuff pages and wait for a somewhat worthwhile dig to write a story about. That may have to change!
I saw that article about Eddie (privydigger.com) in some Cincinnati rag and started frothing at the mouth. David Pollack is Kentucky's number one-ish archeologist and loather of privy diggers. He's still working at trying to ban privy digging and relic hunting in our state. His comments were just so inane and illogical--I just had to respond! I sent him a friendly[;)] response for his troubles.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey great site. Maybe "future generations" will learn from the stuff you guys are recovering now.

I have a dumb question. Is that Peter Pan bottle real? It sure looks like it (but you never know with photoshops nowadays). Crazy bottle if it is!

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Can I take that as a compliment? It's a John Bull Sarsaparilla Photoshopped.
Thanks. The stories are pretty goofy, but the bottles and digs will always be there for those who just want to see the goods. Hopefully I can find some more!

Bluegrass

Reaction score
I don't think it will ever happen. Can you imagine how most property owners would feel about someone telling them what they can and can't do on their own grounds? I can just see all of the policemen lining up on Sunday mornings to go and hunt down privy diggers in back yards; or walking field after field in search of guys with metal detectors. What a laugh!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday