Never seen this Nesbitt's ACL!...in green glass!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
I am currently working on a deal to bring this highly unusual bottle home, but first let me share a photo of my current line...which is pretty petty ..lol
The first bottle resembles the classic USA one, but these are Canadian and it has a Reg.1949 on the bottom and is dated 1951...so I'm assuming that I wont find much earlier than that for this style of bottle. The rest are dated 1956 and 1959...a nice little time line.
20160217_125643 (2).jpg

Sorry for the poor photo...this is the gem I'm trying get. I am hopping it predates my 1951. The first thing I noticed was it's green 7oz size, and is says 'Nesbitt Brand Beverages'
I would venture a guess and say this was a ginger ale or lemon lime flavor bottle? At first I thought it was probably a USA bottle but the seller did send me the back photo to reveal the it is from Saskatoon, Sask. Canada! And yes I have seen the two USA Nesbitt's in green glass posted here on the site...., two variations both with standard type ACL's.

Interesting is the stylized N on the neck:confused: where else dose that type appear? And then there is the font style of the N in Nesbitt..... I can't find the use of that style anywhere.
Was this the authorized style for flavors other than orange at the time?.....such a fascinating bottle ehh!
Nesbitt brand .jpg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Thanks fellas!...yes I will, fingers crossed! Any one with info about the unusual font or if they spot it somewhere else let me know. :)

RCO

Reaction score
I can't recall seeing any green nesbitt bottles before , all have been clear , the green bottle itself resembles the small 7oz bottles used for ginger ale and such here , a lot of pop was in green bottles that size and colour

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter