NEW ADDITIONS FROM THE PAST WEEK

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Some states passed bottle piracy laws as early as the 1850s to protect bottlers from having their bottles reused by other bottlers. A bottler who went out of business could legally sell and transfer use of their bottles to another bottler. Hording bottles was also illegal and agents could come and seize not returned bottles. A bottle of beer could sell for 5 cents but the bottle could cost the bottler 7 to 9 cents. Therefore, losing money on bottles which were not returned.
Good information for sure.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
NEW TO ME THIS WEEK FOR THE COLLECTION
C. PFEIFFER BREWING CO. / DETROIT, MICH. pint size
pfieffer.jpg

ROCHESTER LAGER / C.&R. / AUBURN, N.Y.
rochester.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Did you get the first Pfeiffer that popped up on ebay or the 2nd one that popped up a week later? I was watching both of them. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Or maybe you never saw the first one? The first one got around $113.00 & the 2nd one got over $300 if I remember right. I wondered why the 2nd one got more then twice as much as the first one????????? LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I see you got that new Pfeiffer Bottle pictured on your site. BUT, You still never pictured my rare 7 oz. squat Blob Pfeiffer on your site that I sent you Pics of 6+ months ago or my 7 oz. squat Strohs Blob. Should I e-mail you another Pic? LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger