new buy from the bay!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

the ham man

Reaction score
Very happy with this one, a Sherwood Distilling Co from Cockeysville, MD. My friend has one with no label which are pretty common but I haven't seen one with the label so I wanted it. It is probably still uncommon even with the label. It also has some of the whiskey in it. yummy[:)]. Well, here ya go. Joey

E907BC9AA64C41B8AAEA8C8F7F1E150D.jpg

Attachments

• E907BC9AA64C41B8AAEA8C8F7F1E150D.jpg
    E907BC9AA64C41B8AAEA8C8F7F1E150D.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 76

RedGinger

Reaction score
Cool. I didn't know about that distillery, but I know about a street in Cockeysville, named Sherwood. Ironically, it's right near "antique row", I believe. Would you consider a trade for it, or something? Maybe you have more, or could point me in the right direction to finding more? It would be so nice to have something like that from home. Thanks.

RedGinger

Reaction score
This article features the distillery: Similar illiterate speech appears in a 1940s ad from Sherwood Rye. The smiling waiter here tells us “Ain’t had time to sit me down, since Sherwood Rye done come to town.†The same rhyming waiter in another Sherwood ad -- not shown here -- says: “De man who calls for Sherwood Rye, sure knows the bestest brand to buy.†Sherwood Distillery was founded in 1882 in Cockeysville, Maryland. The original operation was closed with Prohibition and the buildings destroyed in 1926. However, the brand name survived and was produced post-Prohibition until the 1950s from a facility in Westminster, Maryland

RedGinger

Reaction score
One more neat pic with some history: http://www.marylanddailyphoto.com/2009/04/22/ryebrook/

the ham man

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the information. It was very interesting. I am sorry but I want to hold onto this one. It is my only paper label whiskey and I really like the picture on the front. It is also local to me because I live in Ellicott City. But if you want I could ask the man I bought it from where he got his and if he has anymore or knows somebody that might.

the ham man

Reaction score
Oh!!! I almost forgot. My friend has one without the label that I'm sure he wouldn't mind parting with. Would you want that one or do you only want one with a label? Joey

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau