New England Bottle show Apr 2 !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
The New England Bottle Club show and sale is on Sunday April 2nd in Somersworth NH, about 15 minutes from Portsmouth. Last year was the first year they had it here, and it was great. They sold out tables pretty early, even though the hall is bigger, so get your table reserved now. I'm the guy who owns the hall, and I expect to be able to let people set up the night before, if you're staying overnight locally. Cant promise it, it depends on if we have an event the night before.
Brings lots of $$ and lots of bottles ! There was lots of action last year :)
Hope to see you there.

Directions
Get off the Spaulding Turnpike in Dover NH at exit 9. Coming off the exit, head towards Dover. Go to the first set of lights, where you see the Comfort Inn, and take a left there. Go exactly 1 mile, and turn right on our road, Willand Dr. , we're right down at the end. Look for people carrying boxes of bottles, looking at bottles, obsessing about bottles, buying and selling bottles, holding bottles up to the light etc etc, and you'll know you are there.
Hope you can make it ! Bram

bearswede

Reaction score
Here's the flyer... At $25 a table it's a great bargain... Saratoga has gone up to $40...

Ron

Ca80475.jpg

Attachments

• Ca80475.jpg
    Ca80475.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 87

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Downeast...

Hey Bram, did you post this because I ran into you today at Uno's??? We've all been talking about the show and I've been keeping your cooking and catering a secret, though... I want everyone to be happily surprised at the great food.[8D]

Thanks for the info on the Hayden's bottle. I think that's pretty encouraging about what it went for 15 years ago!!! Wow...

I'll be over this weekend maybe and I'll give you a call first. I know you have that big function to do[;)]

Wayne

bottleboy311

Reaction score
Hey Bram and Ron,

Your show sounds real nice. I have never been up to New Egland have always wanted to, and this would make a great excusse for me to visit your wonderful area. I would like to get a table to sell, but have a few questions: 1) How is the weather up there in early April? I will be driving up from Florida. Will the weather this time durning the early spring be ok for a non-winter driver like me be alright? (do not like driving on ice, don't have chains and being from the Sunshine State anything under 40 degrees is very cold to me.) 2) I have a lot of Fruit Jars for sale, nice colors and unusual closures. Will they fit in well with your items? 3) Will probably be heading up I-95 (have a brother in east part or Maryland I will visit on the way either up or down). Is I-95 that the best way heading north or is there a better route?

Lee

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Lee, I'll be up there too but wont be selling, just visiting so you wont be alone in first time visits to New England.[:)]

Try Mapquest. It is great for finding routes and it tells you how long your driving time will be.

See Ya there.

bearswede

Reaction score
How is the weather up there in early April? I will be driving up from Florida. Will the weather this time durning the early spring be ok for a non-winter driver like me be alright? (do not like driving on ice, don't have chains and being from the Sunshine State anything under 40 degrees is very cold to me.)

Hey Lee...

Gotta warn ya, this is New England we're talkin' about here!!! We could have snow, we could have ice, we could have temps in the 60's... It's a crap shoot!!!

But ya gotta come!!! Those fruit jars should be a big hit... One guy used to come to my store just to buy quality bottles just so he could then sell them and buy his favorite fruit jars!!!

Ron

PS... Last year was pretty nice with just a little ice in the parking lot from run-off

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hi Lee...

Welcome to New England weather... Like Ron says, It's a crap shoot... We had some snow banks piled up in the parking lot last year as well, but the temps were comfortable, for us anyway...

All you have to do is stay inside most of the day, wear lots of sweaters, drive to your favorite watering hole and share a couple with your favorite bud, go home and light a fire in the woodstove... Nothing to it!

See ya there,

Wayne

bottleboy311

Reaction score
Thanks for you help guys, Will most likely be comming up. The wife has just put in for vacation time during that time, so if it get approved we be heading up there.

Lee

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
Bram, missed last year, wife and friends thru a surprise 50th party for me, even fake a heart attack to get home from Boston, but they know me to well haha, I told her don't plan anything this year, I 'll be there to check things out, went to the one in Portland two years ago, it was 5 mins away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85