New Finds in Australia

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nic.au

Reaction score
Hit a good patch on friday, must have pulled out 20+ cobb's plus heaps of other stuff

Bz77627.jpg

Attachments

• Bz77627.jpg
    Bz77627.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 65

nic.au

Reaction score
I'll have to start cleaning some, see how they come up

Mk25215.jpg

Attachments

• Mk25215.jpg
    Mk25215.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 53

nic.au

Reaction score
The stamp on the brown one S.C. Looks like, Deorceskey. ?????? works. Tamworth

Xv64472.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64472.jpg
    Xv64472.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 55

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
Nice close up! I was just wondering if it was an ink because in first picture it kind of looks like it has a pour lip on mouth. A little more stout than the Denby's I've dug, but same color and the name stamp is in same place as yours, outside bottom. Very nice, you are very fortunate. (what I would give to find those!) Thanks!

s.c.

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
G'day

The pottery stamp is "George Skey Wilnecote Works Nr.Tamworth" - this pottery works operated from 1862 before being taken over by Doulton in 1935. They used several different stamps - yours was used from 1862-1900, but the bottle probably 1890's.

George Skey is also listed as a mine owner for Wilnecote.

I like the marble at the right of your photo - is it a Reading Bunbury Valve patent??

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

nic.au

Reaction score
Hi Dirranbandi
Thanks for the info on that jar. That one marble or cobb (why cobb?)has Thomson & Co. Registered Trade Mark. with 'Purity' in a cross. Under that, Crystal Springs Minral Water Works Dunedin. On the Back it has, Reliance Patent, Sole Maker, Dan Rylands. Barnsley.
Out of all the Marble bottles we've turned up the last week this is the only one this shape we've got hole. There's been heaps of half size ones as well, but all broken.
I think I've been bitten by the bottle bug.[:D]

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Dirranbandi,
A Bunbury valve patent??Sounds like someone still has visions of sugarplums swirling around from Christmas![:D](WOULD be a super find though!) Don't know about that being a Reliance without seeing it cleaned up-can't tell if it's a shadow or dirt or does it have the 'Acme's belly button?

nic,you have some unusual patents and CODD varients there-Love to see them cleaned up!Here's a link that gives a little history of Hiram Codd:

http://www.bygonz.com/

Check "C" in the Reference section

Just ignore the F***ing Tripod popups til you're finished.(Not spyware or anything like that,just bloody annoying!)

KAT

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
G'day bigkitty53

At first look from the angle of the photo it did appear to be a valve, rather than a reliance patent - as you point out there does seem to be a dimple (Acme Patent?) - even though a Western Australian Reliance Patent would be a great find, e.g. Crowder & Letchford with 'Lion' trademark.

The H. E. Reading Bunbury (Western Australia) Valve patent is quite rare ($1 000 + AUD); almost as spectacular as the Reading/Bunbury Valve Hybrid!!

Now they would be nice presents to find under the Christmas tree.

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson