New Here from Laughlin, NV

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Galval

Reaction score
Hello. Thank you for allowing me to join. My mother passed away almost one year ago (April 20, 2022). She was quite the bottle collector. I have been doing a bunch of research on colored bottles and have learned a lot such as the difference between manufactured and hand-blown bottles. There are amber, green, blue, red, purple, and clear colored bottles. I don't want the bottles. I would like to sell them, but have no clue about what to sell them for. Any help would be appreciated. I have posted some pictures of what I believe are the hand-blown bottles. There are no seams anyway. lol Not pictured are about 40 manufactured bottles (with seams) in all colors. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Attachments

• PurpleVase.jpg
    PurpleVase.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Bottles.jpg
    Bottles.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 65
  • VaseofApples.jpg
    VaseofApples.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 66
  • VaseofFlowers.jpg
    VaseofFlowers.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 62

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm not sure if many people here will be able to help unfortunately, looks like it's all art glass vases and glasses, which is outside of the purview of what we're typically interested in, which are product bottles. I know some of that sort of thing is collectible and some of it isn't, and I really haven't got a clue how to tell the two apart. The difference between hand-blown and machine-made glass doesn't tell you anything about age in this case, since glass blowers are still making that sort of thing today using traditional methods.

willong

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm not sure if many people here will be able to help unfortunately, looks like it's all art glass vases and glasses, which is outside of the purview of what we're typically interested in, which are product bottles. I know some of that sort of thing is collectible and some of it isn't, and I really haven't got a clue how to tell the two apart. The difference between hand-blown and machine-made glass doesn't tell you anything about age in this case, since glass blowers are still making that sort of thing today using traditional methods.
Agreed.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp