New Jersey Green Acres (CHERRY HILL)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

acooks

Reaction score
I have been into the relic hunting/bottle digging for a little over a year now. I have taken pride in learning about it and the right way to do things. I have spoke to several law enforcements that say it is ok to be on Green Acres as long as you repair any digging. I recently stumbled on a HONEY HOLE that was just starting to turn early 1800's bottles among some beautiful ( but rusty ) decorative peices. A citizen called the police saying he thought i was burying a body and the police came. They were very nice but said they did not know the law but I should go. Someone please help. What can I do in Green Acres which tax payers fund. Any diggers want to hit the spot with me and have clarification on what we can and cant do I am always looking for a partner.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
If it is on public green acres lands forget it,in plain and simple terms if any of the following governing bodies owns a piece of ground Federal,state,county,or local in the State of New Jersey unless you are putting in a soccer field,you had not only better fill your divots ,but being seen with a shovel to the EPA wackos is on the same level as carrying a gun to school,you better not walk to hard on the grass or they will site you for leaving a permanent footprint which I am sure is a hefty fine. Now if the property is privately owned you have a slim chance but you have been spotted by Mr Concerned neighbor and once the wrong people in the township you are trying to avoid get wind of a person wanting to dig a hole even on private property without a permit, the fines, and notices will start showing up at your door.Did you know that technically if I bought say 8 rhododendron bushes this weekend at Verchio's farm market in Brooklawn and came home and dug 8 holes in my yard in Sewell,if the township really wanted to break my stones they could fine, make me get a landscape permit and force me to call 1-800 don't dig for all of the necessary utility mark outs Water, sewer, public Gas,electric,cable,Verizon I did plant them with my son as a lookout for old retired Police cars
( this is what the township inspectors drive ) ........My advice go and find another site before you end up on the cover of the Courier Post.

acooks

Reaction score
LOL. I am beginning to understand that. Crazy how there a million other things people should be worrying about and that tops the list. I appreciate the advice and I will let it go. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles