New Locale...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
Didn't want to horn in on another's post anymore than I had already done so I thought that I would start a new one. I am fine, and the reports of my death were greatly exagerated. I have been settling into my new locale and love it here, however I haven't had much time to dig. Actully, I have found a new hobby in addition to the bottle digging that I have done in the past...gold prospecting. I joined a local club and have been slucing my heart out. I have found a little Virginia gold to reward my efforts too. It has gotten a little cold to continue digging in the streams so yes, I have reverted back to looking for bottles. Today for the 1st time I went out and found a nice local 1830's era house. After about a half hour probing, I located a privy. I haven't dug yet but I intend to do so very soon. This area is loaded with mid 18th century to early to mid 19th century homes and estates. It will just be a matter of time before the pontiled bottles start showing up once again. This is the era and area that really makes my heart sing, but I guess that I had to move to get away from that dump in Staunton that I dug in for 2-12 years to really find my true home.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Great to see and hear from you Dan...Welcome back ! Glad you have a pending early privy lined up too. best of luck in your gold and bottle hunting endeavors, and looking forward to seeing your posts here again too.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Dan,

Glad to see you back, man.

"Sluicing," you say. If there is one hobby more addictive than digging bottles it would be the gold bug. Good luck!

I'm lookin forward to seeing some of your discoveries.

at-the-gold-bug-mine-placerville-california-usa.jpg

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: beendiggin

I am fine, and the reports of my death were greatly exagerated.

Thank God for that.

That's a Mark Twain quote and one of my favorites. I use it whenever I can. What I need to do now, however, is get out and dig some bottles which I intend to do soon. BTW, I have a long lifeline and intend to be around for quite some time. My 6 year old bottle digging son can vouch for that. Thanks for your kind comment.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey Dan, glad to hear that all is good. It's a rare thing to find your heart's true home. The environment sounds like a wonderful place for you and your family to live, grow, and find excellent glass.

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Hey Dan,

Glad to see you back, man.

"Sluicing," you say. If there is one hobby more addictive than digging bottles it would be the gold bug. Good luck!

I'm lookin forward to seeing some of your discoveries.

Thanks for welcoming me back. Yep, I guess I have one of those addictive personalities like many of us here. If it's not one thing it's another I always say. Good to be back. Now, I just gotta get out and dig something!

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

Hey Dan, glad to hear that all is good. It's a rare thing to find your heart's true home. The environment sounds like a wonderful place for you and your family to live, grow, and find excellent glass.

Thanks Stephen. Everything seems to be working at this time in my life. I am blessed to have the friends that I do and a loving family to support me. Look forward to contributing to the ABN once again.

tigue710

Reaction score
Dan the man! I hadnt heard the rumor but Im glad to hear its not true?! Always enjoyed your digging posts, good luck to you in your new locale.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology