New Pickle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

februarystarskc

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I also recently picked up this Cathedral Pickle bottle. It's very similar to my other one, but also slightly different. The panels are much more ornate, and there are other slight differences that you have to look for.

Is there a Pickle Bottle collecting book? I did a google search and couldn't find anything. Sorry for the small pictures, it's hard to get that below 200kb.

9D6189DB87574F6CBC6DF106EA607903.jpg

Attachments

• 9D6189DB87574F6CBC6DF106EA607903.jpg
    9D6189DB87574F6CBC6DF106EA607903.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 47

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Dang! How big are those rascals? I have one big ornate pickle bottle that I got at an auction in Philadelphia in the mid 80's. It's like 11 or 12" tall. I like the color of yours. They are very similar as you say.

Scott

FitSandTic

Reaction score
The book you need is Ketchup, Pickles, Sauces, Betty Zummwalt 1980. Nice bottles, I have always liked pickle bottles and would love to own a Stoddard cloverleaf.

februarystarskc

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ScottBSA

Dang! How big are those rascals? I have one big ornate pickle bottle that I got at an auction in Philadelphia in the mid 80's. It's like 11 or 12" tall. I like the color of yours. They are very similar as you say.

Scott

Yeah they're big! 10-11 inches!

februarystarskc

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: atticfinds

The book you need is Ketchup, Pickles, Sauces, Betty Zummwalt 1980. Nice bottles, I have always liked pickle bottles and would love to own a Stoddard cloverleaf.

Thank you, going to search for it!

februarystarskc

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: botlguy

I know Betty Zumwalt personally, she lives about 25 miles from me. If you have trouble finding one of her books I MAY be able to help.

Thank you Jim! I'll bet her collection is quite impressive. I was able to locate a book on amazon.

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: februarystarskc
ORIGINAL: botlguy

I know Betty Zumwalt personally, she lives about 25 miles from me. If you have trouble finding one of her books I MAY be able to help.

Thank you Jim! I'll bet her collection is quite impressive. I was able to locate a book on amazon.
Actually, Betty's collection is now nonexistent. She authored the book when she was married to her former husband, Bill Wilson, and she enjoyed the research more than the bottles. She used the extensive collection of Elmer Lester, Sacramento (I believe) California, and other's, for hands on research and they traveled extensively to view others. She was / is meticulous in record keeping. I have not talked to her in quite awhile, need to call and say hello.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960