New Reality show idea

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

keithstanfield

Reaction score
Why don't we call it "Privv-ateers?-'twould be AWESOME to get the lore and the practices of our passionate hobby out..............and not those captivated by flash and money.....................Sound off.................

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: keithstanfield

Why don't we call it "Privv-ateers?-'twould be AWESOME to get the lore and the practices of our passionate hobby out..............and not those captivated by flash and money.....................Sound off.................
[;)] Go to Sick Ricks bottle site and you shall see and read all the good stuff about our fine hobby re diggin and collectin

creeper71

Reaction score
I will pass on this Idea, I know you mean well. Once the masses know bottles have real value our digging days are over.. All my other hobbies are long gone thanks to these jack ass shows..don't need digging to go too...

TJSJHART

Reaction score
i agree.....

I will pass on this Idea, I know you mean well. Once the masses know bottles have real value our digging days are over.. All my other hobbies are long gone thanks to these jack ass shows..don't need digging to go too...

collectin prices could go sky high and no more great deals ..i don't do any diggin...i don't even want to think what would happen.

lexdigger

Reaction score
You know, YEARS ago they did a show on bottle digging and a lot of diggers were all up in arms worrying about how it was going to impact our hobby. The truth be told... the impact was EXACTLY 0%.

You either get bitten by the bug, or you don't. No amount of TV shows, Websites, Books or ANY other type of influence is going to convert the Masses. I have literally TRIED to get people into it locally so that I would have some digging partners/friends. The fact is that MOST people would not dig a six foot deep hole if they knew FOR SURE there was GOLD in the bottom.

People have been doing this stuff for YEARS and will continue to do it long after we're gone. There are Millions of pits to be dug out in this world and there is NO WAY we could dig them all in our lifetimes.

Think about it... would you do something you Truly did not enjoy just for money? There is no amount of cash in the world that could get me to sit and play video games for days on end.

I highly doubt this show will go noticed by many people outside of the hobby. All of my Hundreds of family members and friends know that I dig for bottles and search for arrowheads and not a Single person has asked me about the show or even acknowledged it's existence.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I don't even dig but I hate those shows. I've watched a few but wouldn't recommend them. They have totally jacked up prices which will shut down places to people that actually care about the items.
The "Pickers" people probably make more from the show than they ever did picking. The "Diggers" shows will turn out the same.

keithstanfield

Reaction score
the only thing nice ill say about american pickers is the guys on the show are genuine,not some persona crafted 4 the camera.that being said-it screwed up my hobby of collecting 19th century books.i cant go to a thrift store or estate/yard sale anymore without having to pay close to retail............
bottle digging in spokane washington sucks............

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: keithstanfield

the only thing nice ill say about american pickers is the guys on the show are genuine,not some persona crafted 4 the camera.that being said-it screwed up my hobby of collecting 19th century books.i cant go to a thrift store or estate/yard sale anymore without having to pay close to retail............
bottle digging in spokane washington sucks............
Exactly and so on. Sales pitch by them, just like an electronics, mechanic, car dealer or anywhere. Don't be naive. Do you want a reality show based on old books knowing the outcome as you appear to have?

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I don't think these picker shows are having as much impact on the antiques market as other forces at hand, such as a crappy economy and the drying up of fresh sources of cheap antiques.. EBAY is probably a bigger contributor to higher prices than anything else.. that being said, a show about digging up bottles, no matter how harmless or detrimental to the hobby, IMO, just would not be interesting enough to the average American couch potato.. there's plenty of excellent real-life digging vids on youtube if we bottle people need our fix..

I suggest making a reality show about making a reality show.. that would open some eyes... [;)]

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lexdigger

You know, YEARS ago they did a show on bottle digging and a lot of diggers were all up in arms worrying about how it was going to impact our hobby. The truth be told... the impact was EXACTLY 0%.

You either get bitten by the bug, or you don't. No amount of TV shows, Websites, Books or ANY other type of influence is going to convert the Masses. I have literally TRIED to get people into it locally so that I would have some digging partners/friends. The fact is that MOST people would not dig a six foot deep hole if they knew FOR SURE there was GOLD in the bottom.

People have been doing this stuff for YEARS and will continue to do it long after we're gone. There are Millions of pits to be dug out in this world and there is NO WAY we could dig them all in our lifetimes.

Think about it... would you do something you Truly did not enjoy just for money? There is no amount of cash in the world that could get me to sit and play video games for days on end.

I highly doubt this show will go noticed by many people outside of the hobby. All of my Hundreds of family members and friends know that I dig for bottles and search for arrowheads and not a Single person has asked me about the show or even acknowledged it's existence.
The show was called trash an treasure or something close to that name..anyways that sparked my interest again.. Only reason people didn't go ape poop digging bottles is the guy used some type of ground xray type machine on a black topped parklot so it looked like to expensive an hard work for a lil pay out to the common folks...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib