new to ABN

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

antiqueglass

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone at ABN. I got started into bottle collecting by accident. My sister and I share the same birthday, and while I was searching for a unique gift to buy her... I saw this online auction for a late 19th century bottle that had "our" birthday (month & day) embossed on it. I knew the minute I had seen that bottle, I had to have it .... and.... well..... since that first purchase, it's been an amazing journey. I've met a lot of interesting people, and made many new friends along the way. But, the best part of collecting for me has been the ability to share these wonderful experiences with my 2 nephews and cousin.

I look forward to becoming an active contributor on this forum.

warm regards,
Joe

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So I also will say WELCOME! Antiqueglass; I would like you to my homepage shown below. There you can read about my life being involved with antique glass and the glass making world. After retirement I decided to study about glass making before 1900 and I have collected a lot of pieces that I am starting to sell off now because we are downsizing our home.

It is a very interesting hobby and you can learn something new every day you are involved in it. I just saw a new push-up shape in a bottle shown here today. It is interesting because the shape of it makes it a bottlemystery. The mystery being how they got the forming media out of the hot glass bottle., with out breaking it.

Enjoy the hobby.
RED Matthews

antiqueglass

Reaction score
Hi RED Matthews - ty - nice website!! I particularly enjoyed reading your "Bottle Blog" - [:D]

druggistnut

Reaction score
Welcome to ABN, Joe. Where are you from? Have you found a particular type of bottle that you are collecting?
Bill

antiqueglass

Reaction score
Hey Bill- thanks - I am originally from Brooklyn (Bensonhurst) NY, and started collecting NY/NJ milk bottles/caps for several years. Recently, I have expanded my collection to include; Brooklyn flasks, medical, squats, hutchinsons, blob tops, jars, etc. If it's odd, unusual and Brooklyn, I'm usually interested!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!