new to collecting bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oddiee

Reaction score
my husband is working in jesup ga. the place that he is working used to be an old dump site. as he is working he is finding all types of what we think are old bottles. we have found a clorox bottle, milk bottle and a few coke the latest is a phillips . how do i find out just what we have here if anything at all? audra

crozet86

Reaction score
Hi,
Welcome!If you can post some pictures of the bottles.That is always a big help in identifying bottles.If you cant post pics try to describe the finds as best as possible with all markings.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi oddie, welcom to the forum! If that coke is a brown one hold on to it! Also if the milk bottle has a painted label there's a collectors group for that. I know my fellow forum members are probably tired of my saying this - "but get ye to a library or Border's books" lol Really, check out your lubrary for books on antique bottles, or even purchase one at Borders/Amazon etc. Check the web for a bottle collectors club in your area, we're all a little nuts (too much glass on the brain!), but you'll find we're a harmless, friendly bunch.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I really have to start proofing my posts before I send them! lol I honestly know how to spell 'welcome' and 'library', I guess my fingers get in the way of the computer keys!!

woody

Reaction score
You could always edit your post, Norm, and correct your spelling error.
That's alright, we all do it one time or anuther.LOL [:D]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Oh, that's what that litle box means! lol - Actually, I didn't realize I could edit after sending. Boy what a maroon I yam.

O.T. digger

Reaction score
It sounds like the dump is a 1950's dump some of the bottles are rare but most are pretty common, and you can sell the finds to ametures.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles