New To Collecting - Did I Hit it Big?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

msanthraltruist

Reaction score
Firstly I would just like to say hello to all of you. I kind of found this site on a whim. You see, a friend of mine and I went to a little run down thrift store in our area looking for anything worthwhile and amist all the junk in the place, I happened upon a small coffin shaped bottle on a windowsill. I liked the color and the shape and decided to buy it. The lady who rang me up said it was a poison bottle, which made me love it even more. Me and my friend were wondering if it was legit or if it was a novalty. Well, I went on ebay to look up more poison bottles and I found more exactly like the one I bought. Some ebayer claimed that these are going for 40 dollars. So I hopped onto google to research and found that the Wheaton Glass Co. made it in 1971 supposedly. Perhaps you guys can assure me this piece is legit? If it's a reproduction or not? I saw someone on this board said that if it says "Wheaton" than it is a repro. Well, it does not say "Wheaton" anywhere on it, though it does have a W, 71, H, and what looks to be the copyrighted "C" symbol. What do you guys think?

poisonbottle1.jpg

poisonbottle2.jpg

Whether it's legit or not, I think I have found a new interest. These little poison bottles are rather nifty so I might have to start up a collection. [;)] Thanks for your time.

Miles

Reaction score
That is indeed a commonly reproduced bottle by Wheaton. Personally I prefer holding in my hand a bottle from over 100 years ago, but reproductions have lots of color and they look old. If you like reproductions, most are pretty cheap, but some wheatons are desirable by reproduction collectors.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28