New To Digging, The Collection Starts

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jk666

Reaction score
Some of the results from three local (Westchester County NY) digs. Running out of room on the deck railing and the rest of the family thinks I'm nuts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 154

PibbleMama

Reaction score
Nice finds! Hubby and the kids are in on it with me, parents think I'm nuts too. We have totes full after just 3 weekends of digging. It's like a treasure hunt.

sunrunner

Reaction score
your going to have a lot less room then you think if you keep digging this type of bottle . there's still tons of 1920s and 30s trash out there . very little is yet considered collectible . in the end you may have to rebury most of it.

botlguy

Reaction score
your going to have a lot less room then you think if you keep digging this type of bottle . there's still tons of 1920s and 30s trash out there . very little is yet considered collectible . in the end you may have to rebury most of it.
I dunno, there might be some keepers in there, I can't tell from this distance. For now find a place to store the ones you are not so fond of and keep the rest out to enjoy. I agree with sunrunner, older is better as far as collectible bottles are concerned. Learn how to date bottles, we'll help, do some research and find older stuff if possible. But mainly, enjoy the hunt.
Jim

andy volkerts

Reaction score
what IS valuable from dumps of that era, 20 30s are deco soda bottles and painted label sodas, go to the soda forums and you will see all types of good valuable sodas from the 20 30s.........keep on digging you can always recycle the ones you don't want......Andy

jk666

Reaction score
I'm aware that they aren't worth much, that doesn't take away from the fun for me. I can always sell them for $1 apiece at a tag sale.

bottlecrazy

Reaction score
Welcome to a great hobby! You find things like that McKessons complete, and you'll be doing just fine.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I like that El-Bart Dry Gin, that would have been a good one if it was whole. Looks like you're getting into a good era there.

414330-07e1c3bae8774aedb05dd8b05cef7f53.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide