New To Digging, The Collection Starts

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
The Ed Pinaud perfume bottle and the El bart gin are turn of the century, so there could be some really good bottles in that dump, I would dig some more and see what turns up.....Andy

sunrunner

Reaction score
the bottles in your last set o photo's look good . the EL-Bart's is a machine made bottle , and the Ed Pinaud is a good one also.

jk666

Reaction score
Sadly the El Bart and McKesson are broken, but the Ed Pinaud is whole. I'm literally only scratching the surface here. As the land is a forested town park I'll need to get permission to actually put a shovel in the ground. If the surface is 1900-1920, one can only imagine what's a few feet down.

I have good contacts with our town's historical society who have done a few digs to gather information. They tell me that the best way to get permission is to contact theirs and ask if it would be of help to dig in an effort to tell them something new. What are the keywords to use when trying to convince local officials to let us dig? We can offer the same team that handled this dig.

http://episcopalcemetery.blogspot.com/2014/11/field-day-13.html

Yesterday I noticed a (modern) fenced off area that I assumed was a cell tower. Upon closer inspection I saw that it's closing off an old foundation. My guess is that it's a cistern or well since it's on a high point.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I would think the Keyword to use is you will Donate some Artifacts found to the historical society or their museum if they have one. LEON.

jk666

Reaction score
More finds today. Any idea what the large bottle top would have held when complete or how big it was? The Halitosine dates to 1934 when the brand started. There's a lot of 1900-1930 bottles in this dump that keeps on giving. The Lion logo is from a Lion Brewery of New York City that went out of business in 1943. The bottle is broken, but can be used to date the dump at least.

image.jpg

image.jpg

.image.jpg
image.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The really large bottle looks like it was either a carboy for wine, or a bottle used to hold some sort of chemical in a laboratory. I'm not really sure which. I'm leaning more towards carboy.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers