New to Hobby. Here is my ongoing dig thread!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

forestdigger

Reaction score
Surfaceone. That was a great post man and it was helpful. I'm amazed that the green one is a "bug spray" lol would have never guessed that! The site I am digging right now spans maybe 3,000 ft long... So I'm sure I'll have lots of posts here this summer! lol If the mosquitoes don't get me LOL. The advice you and everyone has given is GREAT and you are right I would love any help or ideas you guys have so I can learn a bit more.. I'm not really looking for a goldmine but I have been selling them pretty easy to crafters here for a few bucks each.. lol recoups the gas $$ my 351w Bronco spends drinks up and back :D

I am blown away at the amount of glass I have to clean up here though lol I am thinking of just going through everything, pulling the cool stuff out and just rent a backhoe and a dump truck and haul away everything else to the landfill I don't think alone I could ever sort and recycle everything lol I am very interested though in finding out where the original outhouse was after looking through the privy posts!

ORIGINAL: surfaceone

I'm sorry, LUV,

I thought I was giving him some decent perspective. He has dug, cleaned, photographed, and shown us these bottles. I could swear he said, "I would love any help or ideas about the bottles."

I hope he is having fun, and BIG fun at that. Did'ya get a glimpse of the mountain of glass he has, which he says is but a small portion.

You'd rather I say nothing? The only "profit" I've acquired in digging old glass, is the knowledge I've gained hanging around this place, and researching the stuff I've found, or that other's have found.

460-bottles1_997069c.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
I think the big 28 oz 7-UP Green ACL bottle was your best find. Most pull tab beer cans or soda cans have very little value. The older flat top or cone tops are the more valuable desirable ones. Keep looking. LEON.

surfaceone

Reaction score
I'm not really looking for a goldmine but I have been selling them pretty easy to crafters here for a few bucks each.

Hey Justin,

You're doing well at that. What are the crafters making? Great recycling of the finds, sir.

Keep digging, as I said, there's good collectible glass in the vicinity. I can feel it. I wanna see more photos of your glass mountain.

Glass cullet is a commodity, too, should you have any glass recyclers in the area. Might get the Bronco's thirst quenched. [8D]

IMG_0822.JPG

Good luck digging.

mOo58CmtIPm4m8iFMz3Uaow.jpg

forestdigger

Reaction score
All I need now for my bug spray bottle is a cap... it just broke!! Anyone have any caps ??

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Hi Justin,
Welcome to the Forum!
The things you've dug so far are more modern than what the diggers here usually dig, but if there are old homes near your dump, there could be an older layer underneath. The "old" stuff most diggers are looking for are 1780-1920 or so. But Ive been digging for 30 years and still find myself digging newer dumps like yours (1960 or so), and sure enough I find a keeper now and again. Digging is addictive, so once you start pulling up old items, even if they aren't "antique" and are more nostagic, it keeps you digging because you never know if you're going to find something rare or at least cool and interesting.
Look around on the Forum. You'll see ways to find old abandoned homes or areas where there is a town dump from thats 100 years old, and you'll have a ball
Good luck!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
All I need now for my bug spray bottle is a cap... it just broke!! Anyone have any caps ??
The caps, pumps and bottle combination are usually fairy inexpensive. Some people don't deal with anymore do to the "risk". I don't even know if ebay allows them per regulation and they may have to be sent as "hazardous" by the PO. That's only if either pay close attention.

solitarycanary

Reaction score
Sweet finds! I'd love for you to join our reddit community. Www.reddit.com/r/bottledigging.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: solitarycanary

Sweet finds! I'd love for you to join our reddit community. Www.reddit.com/r/bottledigging.
Dude, enough posts about stealing members for your new site already....[8|]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter