New to the Board & a new find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

k5boz

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here. I do dirt work. Build roads, lakes, house seats, & underground drainage. I find lots of bottles but rarely anything older than the 1950's. I have been collecting tham for years, but have nothing to

Yesterday I started a new job. I am putting in an access road for a cell phone tower. I found a bottle like no other I have seen. When I got home I did some research, & came across this website as well as some others.

I would like to know what you think about this bottle. After a lot of reading last night I am guessing this bottle to be from 1860 to 1890 in age. Granted this is just a guess. I would have posted in the 1900 & older bottle section, but didn't want to be wrong.

Now to start with what I know:

Clear glass bottle, aprox 12-16 oz. Raised letters on the front that read. "Andrew Lohr Bottling Co, Cairo ILL." Also has a crest with a bottle & a L in it with a wreath around it. On the rear it has raised letters at the bottom that reads "S B & G Co." The neck has been broken off. Thick glass with elongated horizantal air bubbles in it & case seams on it that appear to match post mold style process.

From the internet I found that the Andrew Lohr bottling company was in buisness in the late 1800's. SB&G was a glass bottle company in buisness then also, based out of ILL. Also learned about bottle seams & hand blown glass.

So now for the real question. Am I anywhere near correct in my thinking that the bottle's age is somewhere between 1865 & 1895.

Thanks for your time, I am a rookie at this. Yall have a neat little site here.

Front
P1010008.jpg

Front
P1010009.jpg

Rear
P1010012.jpg

Celtics22

Reaction score
It's a beer or soda bottle dating from around the 1880s to 1890's it would of been a pretty good bottle it wasn' for the busted top they're tough to find with a bottle embossed on the front of them.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen