Nice Ketchup !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I don't usually keep ketchups but this one caught my fancy. I'm calling it my 'transistional' ketchup because it has elements of BIM and ABM. I don't recall seeing one with such a pronounced area set aside for the paper label; and I love the size of the 'threads' for the cap.

Hf97955.jpg

There's a slight amethyst shade to the glass and the base is embossed with 'Patented April 9 1898'

Attachments

• Hf97955.jpg
    Hf97955.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 89

Maine Digger

Reaction score
here's detail of label space in comparison to surrounding pattern.

Attachments

• Vt57365.jpg
    Vt57365.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 74

Maine Digger

Reaction score
lastly, a nice shot of the early screw neck, it must have been a massive cap.[8D]

Attachments

• Yw67366.jpg
    Yw67366.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 62

madman

Reaction score
very nice ,i dont usually save the ketchups but that is a definate keeper ,nice bottle happy hunting, mike

RJ_Digs_Deep

Reaction score
That is a great Katsup ... I dont keep many either.

But, I dug this one last year behind a celar hole and ... fell for the big cap threads...

Waiting for spring ... RJ

RJ_Digs_Deep

Reaction score
That is a great Katsup ... I dont keep many either.

But, I dug this one last year behind a celar hole and ... fell for the big cap threads...

RJ

Us54373.jpg

Attachments

• Us54373.jpg
    Us54373.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 77

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Gee I'll have to pay more attention to the ketchups I dig! I don't know about you guys but where we dig we find more ketchup bottles than anything else. Close second would either be screw cap Phillips or stove polish bottles. Cool bottles Norm and RJ!

BOB

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Here is one of my favorites I believe to be an early ketchup. D.H.Geer is an early condiment company and Stump of the World is an early variety of tomato. It is 9 in. tall and little over 2 in. wide. Anyone familiar with this one? Kind of a pretty aqua bottle.
Cliff

Nl29443.jpg

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Same here Bob, Ketchups/Catsups are as common as mud in spring around here.[:D] I've kept a few that were more ornate than others; this one in particular because it's starting to turn color, the patent date and the sunken panel for the label. Eventually, all the really old stuff from the 1800s is going to be depleted ([:eek:]), and the turn of the century, transistional bottles will become collectibles.[;)] Some say they'll never fetch the $ of the others, so what, I'm not a pro, I'm in it for the historical and visual delight each new 'discovery' unearthed brings back to the light of day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4