NJ HUTCH NEED HELP...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rockbot

Reaction score
Well you know the old saying, its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. [:D]

creeper71

Reaction score
Are you people serious? No one knows anything about this bottle? I find that hard to believe as this is a bottle forum with some well educated bottle collectors...... Well hopefully soon someone will chime in....

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Well, I hate to see you suffering like this.. here's what I can say with relative confidence:
You bought it at a bottle show. You almost certainly paid a fair market price for it. I've only been to a few shows, but from what I've seen the people who sell there have a very good idea how much their bottles are worth. If you'd gotten it at an uppity antique shop, you'd likely have paid too much.. if you got it at a yard sale or flea market, there's a better chance you paid less than what it's worth but that's no rule, either.
So, where's the pics? [;)]

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Well, I hate to see you suffering like this.. here's what I can say with relative confidence:
You bought it at a bottle show. You almost certainly paid a fair market price for it. I've only been to a few shows, but from what I've seen the people who sell there have a very good idea how much their bottles are worth. If you'd gotten it at an uppity antique shop, you'd likely have paid too much.. if you got it at a yard sale or flea market, there's a better chance you paid less than what it's worth but that's no rule, either.
So, where's the pics? [;)]
I know what you wrote to be true, but this bottle was marked scarce an the price I paid this bottle shouldn't be scarce.... Cyber I was staying near you last weekend.. You think some time next spring we can dig together??? I was staying in rahway....

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't dig much any more, but I'll keep you in mind if something comes up.. ever done any rivermucking?
The hutch you bought.. is it stained, chipped?? That will lower the value significantly..

rockbot

Reaction score
All righty then. I'll give you an example. The picture below is of the same bottling company and same bottle mold. Everything is the same except for the color of each.
One is worth $400-$800, one is worth $100.00, one is worth $50.00 and one is worth $20.00
All are excellent in condition, no chips or crack etc.

This is one reason why its not easy determining a bottles "price".

Not everyone on here is from your area so knowing the value of a local bottle is tough. I hope this helps.

008FC7A11B984FE5894B1EA8169D6622.jpg

Attachments

• 008FC7A11B984FE5894B1EA8169D6622.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 36

epackage

Reaction score
Kinch was one of the more popular bottlers of his time, $10-15 is a fair price to pay for the mugbase you bought....You want to get the Green, Cobalt Blue and Brown with the 61-63 Prospect St. address(not sure what this style of bottle is called) or the hard to find Bowling Pin bottle with Paterson misspelled with two "T's"......Jim

264832637-1-1.jpg

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Honestly, I don't dig much any more, but I'll keep you in mind if something comes up.. ever done any rivermucking?
The hutch you bought.. is it stained, chipped?? That will lower the value significantly..
I don't think it's stained, looks to have light case wear an a few flea bites an a open bubble on the side (hopefully I used the right term not sure if open bubble is correct term still learning terms) dealer has it labeled as bruised on inside lip..but I DON'T see a bruise... real nice color tho.. I beilve it maybe between Cornflower Blue an Teal color. No Cyber I never been rivermucking, but if you are willing to teach me I am willing to learn....

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

All righty then. I'll give you an example. The picture below is of the same bottling company and same bottle mold. Everything is the same except for the color of each.
One is worth $400-$800, one is worth $100.00, one is worth $50.00 and one is worth $20.00
All are excellent in condition, no chips or crack etc.

This is one reason why its not easy determining a bottles "price".

Not everyone on here is from your area so knowing the value of a local bottle is tough. I hope this helps.

Thank you for your help.. I know exactly what your saying.. I am only 1 1/2 years into bottles..luckily my one friend has 15years under his belt an I learn most stuff fast since he already knew the basics to teach me..

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Kinch was one of the more popular bottlers of his time, $10-15 is a fair price to pay for the mugbase you bought....You want to get the Green, Cobalt Blue and Brown with the 61-63 Prospect St. address(not sure what this style of bottle is called) or the hard to find Bowling Pin bottle with Paterson misspelled with two "T's"......Jim

264832637-1-1.jpg
Thank you for your help!! I'm sorry to see the pin bottle is busted.....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie