No Hurricane Warning for the Most Expensive Storm in History

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hurricane Sandy will turn out to be the most expensive storm to ever hit the U.S. causing damage to 15 states and power outages to over 8 million people and I was warning all of you through the storm and caught a little heck for it from one member here yet the National Hurricane Center did not issue hurricane warnings north of North Carolina. Mayor Bloomberg in New York City was confused and did not implement enough procedures which could have saved a few lives that were lost. Governor Christie in New Jersey was a little more proactive and treated the storm as a Hurricane.

Here is the NHC reason....Typically, hurricane watches are announced 48 hours in advance of the expected onset of tropical storm-force winds. Hurricane warnings are usually issued 36 hours in advance. The National Hurricane Center issued a statement on Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012, that there would be no advisories issued for Sandy to the north of North Carolina.

The National Hurricane Center (NHC) issues advisories, forecasts, and warnings on tropical cyclones - the generic term for hurricanes, tropical storms, and tropical depressions. Sometime prior to making landfall, Hurricane Sandy is expected to lose its characteristics as a tropical cyclone and take on the structure of a wintertime low-pressure area. Because the National Hurricane Center only issues advisories on tropical cyclones, there will be changes in the flow of information coming out of the NWS when this transition occurs.

This is a poor excuse on their part every private weather organization in the US was showing just how dangerous the storm was becoming and yet some by the book knucklehead cost some people their lives because Sandy had become a winter time type of Low Pressure system because of the cold core in the storm and was no longer a Hurricane by definition yet the central pressure was that of a strong category 3 and the surrounding wind field of the storm was a category 1.

Olditractor John sorry for the misunderstanding in the other post if you want to be angry with someone be angry with the National Hurricane Center not me, I was warning all of you and knew how grave the situation was becoming . The director at a minimum should resign if not fired for incompetency. Sorry for rehashing this it has been eating at me

Plumbata

Reaction score
I lost power in Columbus, Ohio for about an hour as a result of the storm system. Seems like one heckuva destructive force of nature.

surfaceone

Reaction score
The director at a minimum should resign if not fired for incompetency.

Hey Steve,

He's gonna have to get in line behind President Obama, Secretary Hillary, Sec. Chu, Sec. Salazar, Sec. Sebellius, and a host of others in the most corrupt, incompetent administration ever to disgrace the offices that they hold.

Hatch Act, we don't need no stinking Hatch Act...

And let's not forget Smirking Joe.

biden-Screen-Shot-2012-10-11-at-9.42.01-PM.png

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
Never can leave the dog sleep can you..

I never doubted your warnings or put you down for your predictions. Just commented on what I saw and how it looked to me in one post... never called you out never called you names never called you quote unquote HEARTLESS as stated in your private meassages. never threathened your auctions what have you .. but you still seem to have to use me as a refrence in your posts.. go figure.. I gave you my cell # and offered to meet you to talk about it.. if you had such issues with me.. you dam near live in the same county.. Yet all I got was posts calling me an idot.. I was not the angry one here.. but steadly becoming that way.. Yes I canceled your bids and blocked you from my auctions and it will stay that way..

LEAVE MY NAME FROM YOUR POSTS DON"T EVER REFRENCE ME HERE IN ANYWAY>> Enough said.. I used to like this site. But there is way to much BS here.. way to many good people on this site with great info for this stupidity.. I am not the one who has ben removed from this site before. But I seem to see it coming...

DO NOT PM ME EMAIL ME EBAY MESSAGE ME ETC>> LEAVE ME ALONE!!

surfaceone

Reaction score
You talkin to me?

I'm from the Rodney King School and Bottle Redemption Center. You're both guys I admire and enjoy hearing from, and dislike the fractiousness.

Isn't there enough grief in New Jersey for the time being. I hope you guys will step back and chill.

0.jpg

kd89

Reaction score
Rather than argue about what happened between y'all why don't we instead focus on the people at a lose after this storm and keep them in our prayers and try to help them. It is sad that is storm went with out the warning it deserved

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I think they classified this as a non-hurricane to benefit the insurance policy holders.. there's a higher deductible for hurricanes or so I heard. Wifey and I camped out in our own apartment for 3 days, it was a trip with no electric, internet, or phone but we had stove gas and running water so it was manageable.. the repair crews were out here in full force today and I'm truly impressed by what I saw in the parking lot across the street: at least 30 bucket trucks and many more support vehicles all massed for deployment around noon like a military force.. by 5 PM the power was back on and by 8 PM the internet and cable were back.. this was a hell of a storm.. the worst I ever experienced! I'm only just now seeing the pics and video of the devastation.. this was bad..

epackage

Reaction score
Great to have you back my friend, and happy you're safe and sound...[;)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, it's good to be in touch with the rest of the world.. I'm gonna be kinda busy helping out with the aftermath around here for a while so I hope everyone will be nice to each other here cause I don't have the patience to moderate this forum right now. Be nice to each other and be thankful for what you have. All of you..

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Tried calling your cell phone chuck,was getting an all circuits bust everyday glad you are Ok.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93