North American Glass Jar Auction - Be cautious !!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jaroadshow

Reaction score
Purchased a jar from Spurgeon's this last Auction. Paid through Paypal and Paypal gave out an address to a different city I don't even live in. Started a claim with Paypal and told them I want my money put back into my bank account and will not deal with Paypal again.Funny thing is , Greg Spurgeon locked me out of logging into his website and my account has been disabled. Just because his payment for my jar I won, was stopped by Paypal until this dispute is settled.I know I won't see the jar I won because of Paypal's screw-up.And now I cannot get into Mr. Spurgeon's website !!!I'd say , be cautious of dealing with North American Glass and Paypal. !!!!!!Not my week I guess. jaroadshow

icollectfruitjars

Reaction score
Greg is probably one of the more honest people in the hobby. I'd try contacting him by phone. I'm sure the snafu with PayPal is creating issues on his end too.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I will vouch for Greg as well...he one of the best and most honest in the business. On his end he is probably seeing a chargeback on something and thinks he is being scammed if you have not contacted him prior to the chargeback taking place. Just give him a holler or shoot him an email and I am sure he will work with you to sort things out. If he already shipped the item to the other address, USPS usually does not deliver an item if the name and address don't match up...item will likely be returned to sender and then can be resent. I had the exact same thing happen...my Paypal account reverted to a very old address when I paid for an item from Greg...the item shipped to that old address, was undeliverable, returned to Greg, and he shipped it back to me. Honestly I've never been treated better by an auction house than when I have dealt with Greg on his auctions.

jaroadshow

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, but I was in contact many times prior and post, him sending the item. I even contacted him to make sure he sends the item to my correct address. This still happened. jaroadshow

jaroadshow

Reaction score
Well it's official , Mr. Spurgeon has actually accepted the money from Paypal for the jar I purchased which went to a different city due to Paypal giving and address for me in which I never lived at. And this Spurgeon character actually knows this ! This is frickin rich !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jaroadshow

Nevadabottles

Reaction score
Can you ask for a refund, or contact those house owners and tell them what happened and see if they would kindly send it to you?

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Well pay pal still will have to pay you because it WAS their screwup that sent the bottle to the wrong address, but I would at least try to contact the people that the bottle was sent to and work something out with them just in case. and I would also try to contact Glenn again and see if he will intervene with the people also..........Andy

Bixel

Reaction score
If paypal has a confirmed address that is NOT your address on your account, you need to do a few things. You need to contact/ check your with your bank. Look at credit card statements and recent activity in your banking info. Also, change your paypal password. It doesnt make sense that randomly Paypal just changes your address. I would be wondering if somebody has tampered with your Paypal account. As stated above, contact the people at the address and see if you can get your Jar. Also contact Paypal and see how this can be worked out.

jaroadshow

Reaction score
Paypal couldn't tell me why they gave out a wrong address. I am still trying to get re-imbursed for their mistake. Thanks for the comments ! jaroadshow

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause