Northern California Diggers Check-In

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mf150

Reaction score
I am interested in creating a local group of NEO-NORCAL diggers.

I am also looking for some tutelage and hands-on experience--even if it's digging to the "use layer." I realize a lot of the SF Bay Area diggers are either retired or semi-retired from digging. But if you have dug or are willing to dig, please check-in.

If anyone is interested or needs a digging partner, please check in.

I will be researching some site to dig locally and in the Sierras. But it's much harder to do as opposed to 30-40 years ago.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
Permission is the key to digging in California. After that you have to be lucky and not hit the already dug sites. You might try going to some bottle shows, there are always diggers there. As for me I would be willing to travel if some permissions were secured. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM, and good luck.

mf150

Reaction score
Agreed! Permissions are essential in this day and age unless you want to end up in the slammer (not my cup of tea). everything is on private property it seems in SF or covered over by cement.

If anything pops up, I will let you know. I'm keeping my eyes out for construction sites throughout the city.
I can always talk to the contractors, etc. It's worth a shot.

The uncovered some old Market Street Railway track while doing some road work a while back. My buddy asked what they were going to do with it, and he ended up aquiring some--just by asking!

In what area do you reside?

ORIGINAL: cacarpetbagger

Permission is the key to digging in California. After that you have to be lucky and not hit the already dug sites. You might try going to some bottle shows, there are always diggers there. As for me I would be willing to travel if some permissions were secured. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM, and good luck.

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
Paso Robles, but I get up to the bay area once in a while. That's about 31/2 hours south of the city. If you get something going and I can't make it I might be able to steer others your way. Again good luck.

tigue710

Reaction score
there are a lot of diggers in Nor Cal, lots of shade balls too... Id hit some shows and get to know some people... Join the local bottle club!!!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Shade balls, I love that.[:D]

I am an old time digger and most CA diggers are pretty closed mouth about their digging sites, and for very good reason. "Shade balls", as Matt so eloquently calls them, will come in and clean out your digs if they know where you are finding the good ones. Sharing is something that we long time diggers are loathe to do. breaking in is difficult, but not impossible. You must pay your dues before getting "in" with the Bay Area clan.

mf150

Reaction score
Ah, well that makes sense. Thanks for the 411.

ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

Shade balls, I love that.[:D]

I am an old time digger and most CA diggers are pretty closed mouth about their digging sites, and for very good reason. "Shade balls", as Matt so eloquently calls them, will come in and clean out your digs if they know where you are finding the good ones. Sharing is something that we long time diggers are loathe to do. breaking in is difficult, but not impossible. You must pay your dues before getting "in" with the Bay Area clan.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn