Northern Ontario ACL Additions Including Tough Lake of Bays Beverages Huntsville

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Fleetbag

Reaction score
Added several Ontario ACL bottles to the collection, Including a clear and very tough to find green Lake of Bays Beverages. Cormacks - Parry SoundBastiens Green - New LiskeardBastiens Clear New Liskeard....first time to lay eyes on thisStar Beverages Lady on Ski - Kirkland Lake...first time to lay eyes Lukinto Club - GeraldtonStar Beverages - SudburyCochrane Ginger Ale - Cochrane...first time to lay eyes[attachment=20151027_110630_resized.jpg] [attachment=20151027_110751_resized.jpg] [attachment=20151027_110820_resized.jpg]Lake of Bays Clear - HuntsvilleLake of Bays Green - HuntsvilleHusky - Kirkland LakeNorthern Beverage - CobaltStar Ginger Ale - SudburySilver Foam - SudburySilver Foam - North Bay...first time to lay eyesCobalt Dry - Cobalt.....first time to lay eyes

Attachments

• afd10ab495fe4e3494f93a2daf5bab3b.jpg
    afd10ab495fe4e3494f93a2daf5bab3b.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 15627c228a06418aa79212515b50bd16.jpg
    15627c228a06418aa79212515b50bd16.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 129
  • f6175259de3f4510bbf1ceef883f51f6.jpg
    f6175259de3f4510bbf1ceef883f51f6.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 131

RCO

Reaction score
I have a few of those bottles , like the green star Sudbury , silver foam Sudbury , cormacks parry sound ( which was oddly hard to find around here ) , I've seen the bastien before and clear star from Sudbury but don't have those . I've seen a clear northern beverages from cobalt but not a green one .I haven't seen the Cochrane bottle before but its a small town up north so bottles wouldn't be around here I've seen the silver foam from north bay before , is also a 30 oz bottle but it is hard to find , even broken or damaged acl bottles from them don't seem to appear , it is hard to find for some reason

RCO

Reaction score
I do agree the lake of bays bottles in good condition I mean like mint condition are very hard to find however there are some around in poorer condition that were in dumps or under water in area lakes and such .I've actually found a number of the clear and green Huntsville beverages when swimming around the muskoka area . ( not sure how many I've found exactly but at least 2 green bottles and maybe 6 clear ones the last couple summers) but all have been under water for some time so have no acl left really although outline of map and front image can still be seen . but its weird I've never actually found one in the town of Huntsville yet , never even found a shard of one in any of the dumps I've checked there or any of the parks either . maybe it wasn't that popular or I just haven't came across one yet . and the local history books I've read for Huntsville area don't even make a mention of this company or talk about where there plant was located or anything , I'm assuming they operated in late 40's or early 50's based on where I found the bottles and style of bottle used

Attachments

• 794141066525435d9994fd48f95cd792.jpg
    794141066525435d9994fd48f95cd792.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 85

Fleetbag

Reaction score
I like the History as well, but sadly very little of any history available. I find that frustrating as for some bottlers I would like to know more. Keep looking up there maybe you will eventually find a good one. For sure there is a case of them sitting in a out building on someones lake side property....would that be cool or what!The clear Lake of Bays is mint, the green bottle has some white haze on the inside half way down, but the label and glass on the exterior I wouldn't say mint but maybe excellent, close to mint? I haven't tried to clean the inside yet, it doesnt have that iridescent. Maybe it will clean up with the fish gravel shake!The clear bottle is an upgrade as I have another clear bottle with some paint loss on one corner, other than that the glass and remaining label are excellent.

RCO

Reaction score
Fleetbag said:
I like the History as well, but sadly very little of any history available. I find that frustrating as for some bottlers I would like to know more. Keep looking up there maybe you will eventually find a good one. For sure there is a case of them sitting in a out building on someones lake side property....would that be cool or what!The clear Lake of Bays is mint, the green bottle has some white haze on the inside half way down, but the label and glass on the exterior I wouldn't say mint but maybe excellent, close to mint? I haven't tried to clean the inside yet, it doesnt have that iridescent. Maybe it will clean up with the fish gravel shake!The clear bottle is an upgrade as I have another clear bottle with some paint loss on one corner, other than that the glass and remaining label are excellent.
the library in Huntsville has an extensive local history collection and I couldn't find anything about this bottler there either , there is old newspapers you can view on digital slides maybe there is an old add or story about when company opened or closed somewhere but take a lot of time to find it unless you knew a date to look for . for a bottler that operated in this area very little is known or around about them , everyone here knows about Browns Beverages of gravenhurst and there muskoka dry ginger ale but the Huntsville beverages is a mystery to many

RCO

Reaction score
was looking thru my book according to listing the cobalt dry was made by Joseph Trudel and he operated from 30's-1946 . so the bottle is fairly old and from early days of acl bottles . which is likely why its a hard one to findI have a number of North Bay bottles ( mcdonalds and garlands ) and don't have a silver foam yet , according to book it operated from 1943-50 and then became garland beverages , who's bottles are fairly common to find . for whatever reasons the silver foam bottles from north bay are pretty hard to find , the ones from Sudbury are fairly common . I oddly found my 7oz at a yard sale down the street a couple years ago , I'm a long way from Sudbury so not sure how it ended up here but either way got a deal on it back then .

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1